R.i.p gt5...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brend
  • 42 comments
  • 4,159 views
I think my my gt5 disc is dying.

In game menus have become unresponsive and when I click on any button that will take you to some form of sub menu the gt silhouette logo appears and stays on screen for a very long time. Every time it happens I'm forced to turn off the console from the back and.. ugh what the hell. It takes too long :ouch:

I'm still uncertain whether it's the disc drive in my playstation because it sometimes refuses to eject discs :scared:

Might I inquire that I have a console from launch.

Have you tried playing without an internet connection? PD's servers have been really slow recently, and GT5 abuses the internet connection by constantly expecting some kind of response from their servers on almost every button press! It's been like that since launch for me.
 
My second 60gb PS3 suffered the YLOD on Monday and although the free replacement was delivered today I have lost all of my GT5 progress :(
 
Have you tried playing without an internet connection? PD's servers have been really slow recently, and GT5 abuses the internet connection by constantly expecting some kind of response from their servers on almost every button press! It's been like that since launch for me.

The thought has crossed my mind. I've been wondering if that is truly the case. Popped in all my games later this evening, everything's working and loading properly. Perhaps it is the servers then because I was able to play normally yesterday.

I rarely touch the disk let alone take it out so it's a bit strange to have this occur all of a sudden. Anyways, thanks for the idea.

Edit: It's working at the moment, I'm not signed in.

Horrendously slow though :x
 
Last edited:
Hey you bought GT5 not before Nov 24th so it's still under warranty. If they tell you it's not it's BS, because everything you buy must have at least 1 year of warranty. So go to your shop and don't let them fool you!
 
I would back up your save game, then delete all GT5 related game content on your hard drive and try again from scratch. Probably will screw some stuff up but might get it working again.
 
i noticed my ps3 is scratching my disc, there is a perfect circular line going around in the middle. since i always have the disc in ps3 something inside is doing this.

lol, I bet you have your ps3 on its side, and not laying flat.. thats why you get rings burnt into it.If not, the spring that holds the disc is broke or worn out.

And to the person who made the thread.. Is it a fat or slim ps3?If an old fat 1.. your blueray lens is more than likely dieing assuming you have tried other games and it still does the same.
 
I have a suggestion, get a CD drive cleaner. The last time I got a ring around the center of my Disc was on PS2. Come to find out what happens is that when dust gets on the rubber part of the Spindle that holds the Disk it makes the disk continue to spin even when the spinning stops. Now hopefully you can clean it, but with ps2 I had to take the entire top off to get to it.
 
my ps3 uses are 95% GT5 and 5% other games, so in my case i'd another one.
 
My copy of fallout 3 did the same thing, i tried it on 4 ps3`s. Get a new one.
 
Just buy another one...
Or buy a Slim PS3 with GT5, Fifa 11 and MW2
 
Today my Gran Turismo 5 disc died and I am truly gutted! Been playing a lot recently and loving it as my best PS3 game played to date. But now i'm raging as it refuses to work.

So, I have a question do you think it's worth picking up another copy? I was at Lvl35 (A-spec_ and Lvl36 (B-spec)


Bye GT5, you will be missed. :guilty:

If you enjoyed the game a lot then yes I would get a new copy. :)
 
The thought has crossed my mind. I've been wondering if that is truly the case. Popped in all my games later this evening, everything's working and loading properly. Perhaps it is the servers then because I was able to play normally yesterday.

I rarely touch the disk let alone take it out so it's a bit strange to have this occur all of a sudden. Anyways, thanks for the idea.

Edit: It's working at the moment, I'm not signed in.

Horrendously slow though :x

Sorry, I should have been more specific! I meant disabling the internet connection in the XMB system settings; or pulling the plug if you're cabled, or disabling wireless etc. Basically refusing GT5 any kind of actual access to the internet. Even when signed out from the PSN, GT5 will still use the internet connection to do whatever the hell it takes it so long to do between button presses.

I hope that fixes your problem, anyway.
 
Back