R is for Respect...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 11 comments
  • 436 views
Messages
5,716
Just finnished beginners type-r.
I used an acura integra with race exhuast and flywheel, t3 tires, semi race suspension, port polish.... blitzed the races by at least 6 sec each race.
total hp is about 200.

my question is, could this car as it stands win the amatures?

I had a run at it and the nsx was there. I thought i had the lead but way of ahead was the nsx...

i recon i could do it, but what do u say?
 
Well considering I did the beginners type R with a stock Integra R.
Id say you should be ok if you got some weight reduction and maybe some brakes.
 
I used the NSX. I think you may need the NSX for the Pro league Type R Race...
 
Originally posted by ving
I used an acura integra with race exhuast and flywheel, t3 tires, semi race suspension, port polish

not really stock...

but i think if, like you say, i send it to jenny craig (weight reduction) and do the brakes up i should do ok. it'll be tough though i think.
I gain most ground on the AI thru braking and cornering i find, not thru str8 line stuff. :)
 
Yeah, the AI have got no idea of the optimum line or braking distance. I managed to do the Amateur Japan car cup (the first race in that class) using the Tommikaira ZZS. I was almost shouting at the Ai "NO DONT BRAKE THERE YOUR LEAVING ME THIS HUGE GAP TO OVERTAKE!!"
 
LMAO!!
its so easy to out brake them... but i guess thier braking is more gradual, so they go easier on the tires. hard braking will wear them i think. does it (in the game that is)
 
Yeah but I can out last them on the track with the same tyre compound. Although in some races they do use different compounds.
 
I've turned on the option to see the acceleration, braking, and steering in the replays and checked out the AI. They steer really gradually, but hit the brakes and gas really hard. I don't know how they do it.

OA
 
Ya the ai has crap for braking and line judgment. I ran the roadster enduro today (t2's, oilchange 23,000 miata) and blitzed it easy. Somthing like 2-3 laps on the number two car and even more on the rest of the field. Mostly because i would brake before the corner and then accel through and turn smothly instead of brake through the corner and accel sideways like the ai. :cool:
 
I am 75% sure you can do this.

But buy some kind of upgrade you can put on half way thru if you need to. Like NA 1 which would guarantee you a win.
 
yeah i might get a na1, but see if i can get away with not using it first...
 
y not have more fun with the ai and not upgrade the brakes :P
u can always try it now and if it turns out u need to do more tuning then u can always quit and restart w/o saving :]

better still if u select a taller ratio so u can keep up with the nsx in the straights but reduce ur corner accel. for a closer match :]
 
Back