R is for revenge... or is it role reversal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 11 comments
  • 487 views
Messages
5,716
ok for those who havent been following my "progress" thru tha amateur type-r series it goes like this

blitzed beginners in a acura integra w/ semi-race suspension, race exhaust, race flywheel, t3s (i think), chip. then went to the amateurs and added stage 1 lightening..... nsx totally lost me.... added brake upgrade and stage 2 NA (bout 300 hp).... still lost by 15 - 30 secs depending on the track (with the exception of uber speedway (won by 5 secs cause nsx stuffed up the sharper corner on every lap)).

my placings were: 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd... in that order.

sold the damn integra!

now got a yellow nsx (which i hate). raced the first track in the series b4 i ran out of time and came first (other nsx nearly 40 secs behind) and wasnt even trying.

nsx mods: semi-race suspension, chip, race exhaust, race flywheel. hp is just a bit above 300.

i shouldnt have won that easily. :(

stoopid type-r series
 
How can you hate an NSX? Just because it's yellow? I love NSXs. Did you read my reply below? It could have been done in the Integra, vingster. Well, I had to buy the NSX to win at R11 but I had gold on all the other races. I was silver by about 4 seconds at R11, which didn't matter until I completed Amateur.
 
yeah, on tokyo2 i held a pretty constant 5 - 6 sec behind. if i had qualified it would have been different i guess.
what mods did you have on yer integra duke?
 
gah!!

ok duke, you convinced me to do it in a integra!!

i dont hate the nsx cause of it colour, i am just not a fan of them... i like yella tho :)

ok, heres the plan. sell the nsx and go for the honda integra, bot the acura. mod it heaps and blow them away.
 
and "vingster"

few ppl call me that! :eek:
hehe!
 
Run the R11 race before you sell the NSX, or just keep the NSX.

Here's my writeup. What I forgot to mention there is that I went back with the NA 2 upgrade and got the golds I missed the first time around. The only exception was R11 and I had to buy an NSX-R just to pick up a lousy 4 seconds.

Hope this helps! Have fun, man.
 
My wee Civic Type R could easily beat the NSX.
It has 407hp and practicly no understeer and is about 10 seconds faster around Complex String than my 311hp Integra.
 
I never put the ITR over 320hp. With the full monty on it I probably could have beaten the NSX.
 
I didn't either, but i think i did beat the NSX with that 311hp ITR at Tokyo once. It was a VERY close race.
 
itr? wtf?
just call it what it is... Japanese crap :p
just kidding
integra
 
I found that Tokyo was all about braking for turn 1. Seriously! It's about braking nice and early and in a straight line, then smooth application of power. Also, you need to be neat through the narrow section in T3
 
right... done...

chiped, semi-race suspension, race flywheel, race exhaust, stage 2 lightening and turbo stage3 (which i took off cause i was beeting the nsx by 17 or more sec :()

still hate the series... liked runnin around cote tho. it still one of my fav tracks :) (even if i beat the nsx by about 10 sec)
 
Back