R is for ridiculous

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 5 comments
  • 409 views
Messages
5,716
amateur type-r series...acura integra-r semi race suspension, race flywheel, chip, race exhaust, brake upgrade, lightwheight stage1, NA stage 2.... Hp= 290 ish

after losing the first race by just a few seconds to the nsx i changed my somewhat wacky suspension settings back to normal (i was running the fron higher than the rear just for fun). the second race, ssr11 was up. as per usual i didnt bother qualifying. I finished in second place (with some very clean laps) 38 secs down on the nsx!!!. but thats not the funny part, third place (honda integra-r) was another 20 secs down on me! thats nearly 1 min between 1st and third on a 5 lap race1
whats with that???
hardly an even field!

third race = super speedway (10 laps with no tire wear???)
on lap 6 i caught the nsx cause he wasnt slowing enuff on the tight end (on every lap) and i won by 5 sec....

this series is wierd... not at all good.
or fun :(
so here i stand at 2x2nd place and 1x1st place needing 2 wins to win the series.. :/
 
and i dont thinki can do it :(

any hints?

tokyo 2 is next and tho i can run it well, i don t think i can beat the nsx
 
Qualify, you might have a chance. Once in front of him, just block him as smuch as possible...
 
okies, i'll do it. but i doubt i can block im for 5 laps :/
 
he simply has more power and drags away on the str8ts :(
i make a little time in corners but not much.
gah!
i might have to settle for 2nd then buy a nsx or s2k and whoop his ass next time ;p
 
Ving, my friend: you can do it. Almost.

I beat the Amateur R series in a Honda ITR very much like yours, except I had Lightweight 3 done, and I think no flywheel. You probably want to add the racing transmission as well.

I was able to win every race over the NSX-R except R11. Everywhere else I was able to overcome the launch advantage the NSXs have, but at R11 I the best I could do was second place, 4.low" behind the NSX. I ended up buying an NSX-R just to go back and clean that up (stock).

On the other races I was anywhere from 0.4xx" (R246) to 11.9xx" (Speedway) ahead of the NSX-Rs. And in the whole series I beat the Accord Type Rs by more than a minute every time! You're right it's a mixed field...

If you want a setup I can give it to you. I really enjoyed this series, even R11, which I usually hate. The ITR is fabulous with 290 hp; any more and it loses balance.

Hang in there, man, you can do it.
 
Back