R18 TDi Tuning?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Conor Swan
  • 7 comments
  • 1,600 views
Messages
125
United States
United States
Messages
Swangoose99
Hello Forum...

I have the Proto, 15th Anniversary, and Standard R18 TDi... It seems however, that I can not get the appropriate speed for it to be remotely realistic... I have put a high-rev turbocharger on it but that only gets it up to 801 HP and 681 PP.... Can you please help me out....
 
All I can suggest is an oil change.

The R18's are not as high powered as say the Peugot 908's.
 
Ahh, I see we have a fellow Scot...

Yes... I have tried that friend, and it doesn't seem to do anything... I will keep messing with it tonight.
 
Ahh, I see we have a fellow Scot...

Yes... I have tried that friend, and it doesn't seem to do anything... I will keep messing with it tonight.

You do it once and then that's it til it needs it again.

If you want a high bhp LMP then you'll be needing an older one like the Bentley Speed 8, the Nissan 787B Stealth or even higher powered the Mercedes Sauber C9, Nissan R89C/R92CP or Toyota Minolta.
 
The speed it reaches is realistic. Since it's a newer LMP, it's going to have less power.
 
Yeah in real life the R18s are lucky to hit 205 mph before the first chicane. So the speed of the car is spot on really. However compared to older cars it's a bit of a slouch.

But a lot of it has been due to the downforce it produces.
 
Back