R32 GTR Vspec@GrandValley 300km

OneHandSteer

Emperor
Premium
xXHFbladeXx
CallsignBlaze
First thread so please don't laugh too hard :)

Total Time - Around 2hrs 10 mins

Best Lap - 2:10.110

Car - (Used) Stock GTR R32 Vspec 450pp (New Oil,Engine Rebuild etc.)

Best competition - Fairlady 350z, Impreza WRX 2004?, 350z RS<480pp?

Other opponents - Toyata Aristo, Subaru Legacy, Evo III, Evo 7, Supra 3.2, Celica ST205, 2x R35 Skyline coupe

Tactics - Pit every 18 laps, refuel on 2nd pit, Last pit at 54 laps

Result - 1st- (Me) R32 GTR 2nd- WRX 3rd- 350z RS 4th- Fairlady 350z

Comments - This was my first endurance in a long time,I know it's not really a proper endurance but I didn't want to overdo it. I was originally going to use an R32 GTR S-tune but decided against it as it would just muller the competition. I then decided on my stock R32 over a recently purchased R33 LM special edition as I thought it would be more of a challenge. However, I equipped the R32 with race hard tires and in truth, despite my car not having the highest PP in the field this essentially ended the race on the first lap. The impreza and 350z's were passed easily and other cars such as the Evo III and an old legacy served only to block the road - and not really compete in the race. In truth, the race itself was a fairly easy win as the tires made the R32's 'chronic' understeer very easy to deal with even when they were becoming very worn. This race was (sadly) a time trial against myself but I was very impressed with the R32, its great road holding and power suiting the course perfectly. With the addition of good tires the R32 decimated the other competitors and I ended up lapping everyone and finishing just under 3 minutes ahead of my nearest opponent, which was the WRX.

Even though this race was pretty uneventful, it was nice to get some experience of the stock R32's limts/abilities as it really is a great car :)

Back