R32 Skyline, new setup coming, new camera + S14 drift.

This is my R32 GTS-T that is mainly used as a drift car but gets a drive on the street, It has Cusco coilovers, Tomei 2 way LSD, modded knuckles (gives extra lock and removes steering bind), Cusco front camber arms, adjustable castor arms, HKS GT-SS turbo, bigger injectors and remapped ECU (Nistune) to make 200kw at the wheels on 16psi.

I record most of my track days with my Contour camera and my brother getting some pics and footage from the side of the track, I just did a drift day last weekend and other then the car running a bit hot the car had no faults, it feels great now we fixed the steering issues it had on it's first outing.

First run of the day, no holding back :P just a shame it goes out of focus :(

In car matched up with footage from the side of the track.

I also have a bunch of footage from my 180sx I used to drift and a few of my brothers S13 Silvia on my channel.

Pic below gives you an idea of how much lock the knuckles give, nothing crazy but room for more in the future if I get some other supporting mods.

lock pic.jpg

Flames!

flames tailem bend.jpg

flames mallala.jpg

mallala drift.jpg

I hope to fix the cooling issue ready for competition in November or maybe just some more practice days.

Last edited:
The noise on that first video. My god it was just beautiful.

I plan to get a new microphone and maybe a new rear section of my exhaust so it's a bit louder in car, audio is really muffled in car.

Some really good drifting talent you have. Really enjoyed the 2nd video. Must be a lot of fun.

Thanks, now the car is working right it's great fun.

Uploaded a point of view video to youtube, wasn't really happy with how it turned it as it's field of view is to narrow, will probably just stick to mounting it in the same spot as the other videos next time.

I am assuming it is still AWD? How much of the drive train do you have dialed to the rear? Something around 30 front /70 rear? 20 front / 80 rear?

GTST is RWD car, RB20DET, 2.0 I6 :) A R32 GTR can be easily switched to RWD or adjusted split with simple DIY torque split controller.

Oh, reminds me of old days, the booming of Japanese import in Sydney in early 2000 :) R32 GTST the entry imports :P R33 GTST series II would be my choice along with with the R32, or maybe an S13 :)

Still has RB20 or had a transplant to SR20 ?

Well I'd be damned! A fellow R32 drifter on gtplanet! Not only that, but one from the same country and state as me! :D

Tidy car you've got there mate, some really good skills too! I've been itching to take my Skyline back to Tailem or Mallala for a few months now but saving for a house and my other projects keep getting In the way. Im hoping to have it back out early next year with a roll cage and a bigger turbo on its RB25 NEO.

Looking forward to seeing more videos from you and hell, maybe even sliding next to you someday! :cheers:
image.jpg

Well I'd be damned! A fellow R32 drifter on gtplanet! Not only that, but one from the same country and state as me! :D

Tidy car you've got there mate, some really good skills too! I've been itching to take my Skyline back to Tailem or Mallala for a few months now but saving for a house and my other projects keep getting In the way. Im hoping to have it back out early next year with a roll cage and a bigger turbo on its RB25 NEO.

Looking forward to seeing more videos from you and hell, maybe even sliding next to you someday

Thanks, no more drifting at Tailem Bend for at least a year as the rebuild happens, I might go out to a Mallala practice before the year ends but I also plan on some upgrades, getting modded lower control arms, rack spacers and modded front cross member so the steering rack sits more forward, thought if I'm going to get more lock might as well do it all at once.

Thanks, no more drifting at Tailem Bend for at least a year as the rebuild happens, I might go out to a Mallala practice before the year ends but I also plan on some upgrades, getting modded lower control arms, rack spacers and modded front cross member so the steering rack sits more forward, thought if I'm going to get more lock might as well do it all at once.
I'm a fair hike away so I only tend to go to Mallala when there's a Matsuri. Its unfortunately just not worth driving 400km each way for a prac.

As for the Tailem Bend reconstruction, I say bring it on! The plan they have in place has me genuinely excited for the future of South Australian Motorsport.

More lock is on my to do list aswell, also have to do something about the diff because it's opened up with the wear and tear of drifting. We're thinking we'll probably either weld it or shim it up. Have you done anything to the diff?

I'm a fair hike away so I only tend to go to Mallala when there's a Matsuri. Its unfortunately just not worth driving 400km each way for a prac.

As for the Tailem Bend reconstruction, I say bring it on! The plan they have in place has me genuinely excited for the future of South Australian Motorsport.

Tailem Bend should be epic when it's done, lucky for me both tracks aren't that far from my house, 60km to Mallala and 100km to Tailem Bend.

More lock is on my to do list aswell, also have to do something about the diff because it's opened up with the wear and tear of drifting. We're thinking we'll probably either weld it or shim it up. Have you done anything to the diff?

I have a Tomei 2 way in my R32, I shimmed up the stock diff in my 180sx and that worked fine, welding is is pretty much the same as shimming it in the way it drives and you won't really notice a difference between a locked diff and a 2 way until your a bit more experienced and start throwing the car around hard.

That is a nice R32 dude! Love it :)
D1 AE86 drift-meister, Ueo started off with a R32 in his earlier days :D And then obviously going into AE86s :D
vlc 2015-10-05 23-12-30-768.jpg

vlc 2015-09-02 00-19-23-655.jpg

Last edited:
That is a nice R32 dude! Love it :)
D1 AE86 drift-meister, Ueo started off with a R32 in his earlier days :D And then obviously going into AE86s :D

I used to own an AE86, was doing a 4AGE engine conversion as the Australian delivered AE86's had single cam 4A-C when someone offered to swap a running 180sx with a bunch of mods so I never got to drive it.

Bought some R33 front lower control arms, they are 15mm longer then R32 and I'm getting the modified so they will be another 15mm longer, should give me a lot more clearance, just need to find some steering rack spacers now so the rack will have more travel which means more lock, also bought a stock radiator shroud and plan to put the stock fan back on and run it to help with the cooling issues it has.

My brother bought a new drift car and went drifting last week, he took my new camera with him (Sony FDR X-3000).

Another run of my car I never uploaded.

My car has been on hold for awhile due to illness but it's getting a bunch of upgrades.

New paint, almost whole car had horrible fade before.
New door, no more dents.
New side skirts and rear pods, N1 boot lip.
HKS 2530 turbo + E85 fuel = 330whp.
RB25 gearbox.
Custom exhaust with Blitz Nur cannon.
Full adjustable arms.
New gauges.
Retrimmed GTR steering wheel.

Here a pic of the new paint, boot and rear bar weren't finished yet, skirts and pods I'm still waiting to get made.

15109362_1117188841735916_438151094089289315_n.jpg

Have you driven it since the upgrades? Interested to see what the E85 did for your engine temps.

Nah I haven't, the car hasn't been tuned on E85 yet, we also changed the thermostat and added the factory shroud back on plus tried to make the air flow better into the radiator, hopefully that fixes it.

Back