R34 Tuning @ N500+

• Thread starter SkylineR88
  • 4 comments
SwoopGTR
R34 is my fav car since GT2.
As the years progress they tuning options have varied and also have varied results.
So as we are now in GT: Sport and they include my fav car, I am going to try and tune it to my needs.

So Im basically adjusting one thing then doing a lap to see how it feels.
This process is slow and annoying, I would really appreciate some help with even the basics.

Ideally I would have a tune for each N level for this car, because while the suspension is fine for the basic N400 standard, increasing the power level will cause the suspension to be too loose for me.

Generally speaking, softening the rear springs a touch, thus allowing more weight to transfer to the rear wheels under acceleration, will help with looseness when exiting the corner. If you're loose going into the corner, I would recommend moving your break bias to the front. But, honestly, tire compound and/or a lighter touch on the throttle (or waiting just a split second longer to apply the throttle) would be the preferable solution to this.

Yes you are correct in that I could use more throttle control, however I was putting my foot down deliberatly to see how the suspension behaves.

R34 is my fav car since GT2.
As the years progress they tuning options have varied and also have varied results.
So as we are now in GT: Sport and they include my fav car, I am going to try and tune it to my needs.

So Im basically adjusting one thing then doing a lap to see how it feels.
This process is slow and annoying, I would really appreciate some help with even the basics.

Ideally I would have a tune for each N level for this car, because while the suspension is fine for the basic N400 standard, increasing the power level will cause the suspension to be too loose for me.

I also have tuned the Grim R34per for variious power levels. Currently it is incidentally sitting at N500 class as well, and I do have N900 set brewing up too.. :mischievous:

But I have to admit, making a grip setup is easier with R32 than R34. R34 is much more nimble despite of the larger size and heavier weight, but in return it also has trouble putting the power down as it tends to slide a lot more. Sure, its fun, but when tail steps out at 140mph in a turn at Nurb, pucker factor shoots through the roof.. And this is on S3's and increased rear downforce, mind you! :eek::scared:

Despite of this, I do not want to dial down the R34pers eagerness to stick his nose into the apex, it gives me more options (POWERRRRR!! [/Clarkson]) to get out of trouble when things go south.:D Its the nature of the beast, and old motto of MFT applies.. "Don't adjust the car to your driving style; adjust yourself to the cars driving style." :cool:

Back