R35 GT-R has no ATTESA-ETS in GT7

• Thread starter z19930612
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
HOVE
ZZ_GT_KING
So what ATTESA-ETS does is that when you drive a GT-R(R32-R35), you floor the throttle at the apex, the car is almost 100% RWD, this power would rotate the car around the corner and at mean time as soon as the rear tires slip more and more, this system will send maximum 50% power to the front to pull the car straight, this is to maximize the pace for corner exit, you can turn the car and accelerate out of the corner with steering wheel pretty much straight, it combines the controllability from the driver and the pure pace, this is also what that makes GT-R so special and additive to drive.

But in GT7, both standard R35 and nismo R35 has no ATTESA-ETS, you floor the throttle on apex, no matter what you do with counter steering, the car send it self into a spin with a fixed 30:70 power distribution, so there is not enough power goes to the front wheels to pull the car straight and too much is at rear to make it spin.

Funny thing is that in GT7 with R32-R34, they all have this system, and you can also see in the car setting menu, there is no number shown in the 4wd section.

Don’t know why it’s like this but a R35 without this system feels just wrong. It worked great in GT5, GT6 and GT Sport. Maybe they just forgot it?

Last edited:
I don't think this is a GTR/ATTESSA problem, it's a problem with AWD cars in general. There is simply too much oversteer even with cars set at or near 50:50. It' something I've noticed in Subarus as well.

AWD cars should have a good deal of pull when accelerating out of a corner, even if you're already in oversteer. Even AWD cars with minimal front drive like Lamborghinis have a pronounced amount of directional pull from the front under acceleration. In GT7 AWD cars seems to just operate like RWD cars when a good amount of oversteer is present.

That said, AWD cars are also easier to pose on throttle, but I still don't think they have enough pull from the front wheels in almost any situation.

Would be really cool if ATESSA had the real-time transfer of power like IRL.

I don't think this is a GTR/ATTESSA problem, it's a problem with AWD cars in general. There is simply too much oversteer even with cars set at or near 50:50. It' something I've noticed in Subarus as well.

AWD cars should have a good deal of pull when accelerating out of a corner, even if you're already in oversteer. Even AWD cars with minimal front drive like Lamborghinis have a pronounced amount of directional pull from the front under acceleration. In GT7 AWD cars seems to just operate like RWD cars when a good amount of oversteer is present.

That said, AWD cars are also easier to pose on throttle, but I still don't think they have enough pull from the front wheels in almost any situation.

Would be really cool if ATESSA had the real-time transfer of power like IRL.
Hmm, but R32-R34 feels alright, you rotate the rear end with throttle before apex and you can pull the front straight with throttle too, do a comparison test at T1 in Tsukuba with R34 and R35, big difference

Back