R8 GT3 LMS Evo 2019 in-car engine sound (almost not heareable)

Belgium
Belgium
Today I took the start of the Spa Gr 3 race in the Audi R8 GT3 LMS Evo 2019. Surprisingly I did not hear my own engine, but did hear (even very loud) the engines of the cars around me (including another Audi). Driving alone with no other cars around, the sound of the rolling tyres was harder then the sound of the engine.
I'd say this is a bug, but find nothing about it on the forum. Does anyone else have this issue?

Is it just that car? In the options, you can turn up the volume of your engine and/or down the volume of other cars' engines, etc.

Is it just that car? In the options, you can turn up the volume of your engine and/or down the volume of other cars' engines, etc.
Yes, it is only that car. In the other cars I clearly hear my own engine far above the rest.

Last edited:
I checked again, did the same test with the JGTC '97 Supra and with the Mazda VGT Gr.3 car.
The Mazda has a very loud engine sound inside.
The Supra less but more then the Audi.

In chase view, behind the Audi exhaust, the engine is very well audible. In replay view, the engine sound is normal.
I guess the Audi has a silent engine, and as it is behind the driver, it is probably not as loud as the other Gr.3 cars.
So it is probably simulated close to reality.

I have my settings of tyre squeeze en gearbox whine set to the lowest possible value.
When the whine is on 100% one probably only hears the gearbox. As I have this reduced, probably this is why I hear mostly the rolling sound of the tyres.

So probably no issue here.

Last edited:
Back