RA function. What is it? How does it Work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sagaper
  • 14 comments
  • 2,736 views
Messages
448
Norway
Oslo
Messages
sagaper
Having once heard about something called RA functions. I imagine / believes that it is a function that allows me to make small adjustments with the car, while I am driving a race.

Is that correct? How do I do it? What can I adjust?
 
On dfgt you have a dedicated dial with a button in the middle and 2 other buttons.

I think you can now assign these functions to other buttons in the controller button configuration screen in the main options menu.

I can adjust TC, ASM, ABS, Brake balance and centre diff in 4wd cars, all on the fly whilst driving.
 
Hmm ...

Sounds difficult to do that, while also concentrating on the driving...
 
An enter button surrounded by a red turn wheel on the right side of a DFGT wheel, coupled with an up/down menu select rocker switch on the left side.

Changes race menu driving options in race. I.e. TCS, ABS and BB, can't remember others.

Only ever really use it to change brake balance when tuning cars for quick feedback (dreaded MRs). Is still not functional online but as I say I rarely use it. Never in a race.

Don't know if other logitechs have similar, don't think so. Built in for GT5. Novel.


Tree'd
 
It's OK once you get the hang of it, and the muscle memory sets in for 'enter button, 4clicks down and I'm on abs' or similar.

I only really use it when I forget to turn off abs and TC in a new car, but mostly for brake balance and 4WD torque split.

It does help if you wait for a longish straight.

I love it, as alot of real race cars have similar, and even ferraris etc have controls on the steering wheel for driving modes (aids).
 
Last edited:
Where is the best/easiest place to have RA buttons? On the wheel I suppose.. What is a logical button layout?
How is your button layout?
 
Doesn't work online though so it is essentially pointless now as you don't gain anything by using it...
 
Doesn't work online though so it is essentially pointless now as you don't gain anything by using it...
I'm limited to offline, so I get daily use out of it.

Where is the best/easiest place to have RA buttons? On the wheel I suppose.. What is a logical button layout?
How is your button layout?
I'm on a dfgt so I have the dedicated dial and buttons.

No idea how you might set it on a g27,whichever buttons are easiest I suppose, and the ones you don't use for anything important whilst racing.
 
Thanks guys.

I Have sett ra-menu to left top. Select in middel -left + right. And adjust in the bottom-left + right.

But it will probably take some long time before I can use it without running off track...


Edit: And now I have manage to use the functions, without crashing ...
 
Last edited:
Where is the best/easiest place to have RA buttons? On the wheel I suppose.. What is a logical button layout?
How is your button layout?

I have mine set up as X to bring the menu up - on the shifter console on my G27; up/down arrows to select and left/right to adjust.

I hardly use it while driving. If I do though, what I do is bring the menu (at any time), and adjust only when I know I'm in control and I can afford to take my eyes off the road for a split second, usually straights. You can keep the menu up as long as you want while you're driving so there's no rush. Keep in mind though, don't do it on corners, changing values affects the handling of the car and will screw you up, unless you can adapt in a split second.
 
I have mine set up as X to bring the menu up - on the shifter console on my G27; up/down arrows to select and left/right to adjust.

I hardly use it while driving. If I do though, what I do is bring the menu (at any time), and adjust only when I know I'm in control and I can afford to take my eyes off the road for a split second, usually straights. You can keep the menu up as long as you want while you're driving so there's no rush. Keep in mind though, don't do it on corners, changing values affects the handling of the car and will screw you up, unless you can adapt in a split second.


Perhaps that is a better place to have the RA buttons, but which fungsjoner do you have the wheel buttons?
 
Perhaps that is a better place to have the RA buttons, but which fungsjoner do you have the wheel buttons?

Top Left: Handbrake Top Right: Horn
Middle Left/Right: Look Left/right
Bottom left: Look back Bottom Right: Headlight flashing.
 
Very handy for adjusting brake balance with no ABS.

If you start locking up the rear or front you can adjust it to suit tyre wear.

Why it is banned online I will never understand. That's the only place with tyre wear that requires adjusting the brakes.
 
Why it is banned online I will never understand. That's the only place with tyre wear that requires adjusting the brakes.
Because PD logic. Ban it in the place it's most useful, but let it work where you need it the least.
 
Just found out about this feature by reading this thread, I wonder how many players know it exists? Very handy for doing S class with changeable weather, altering the torque split and brake ballance is valuable for trying to keep on the track and look after your tyres!
 
Back