Race against my own ghost?

GBO Possum

Not quite the oldest member. Yet.
Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GBO-Possum
I feel a bit idiotic asking this question, but seriously, I have tried hard to find the method, and I'm stumped.

Say I have set a clean lap time on a particular track in Car "A", and now I want to use Car "B" on the same track, and compare "B" against "A" in real time.

I'm sure that in previous Forzas, I could race against my Car "A" ghost.

I feel a bit idiotic asking this question, but seriously, I have tried hard to find the method, and I'm stumped.

Say I have set a clean lap time on a particular track in Car "A", and now I want to use Car "B" on the same track, and compare "B" against "A" in real time.

I'm sure that in previous Forzas, I could race against my Car "A" ghost.
I haven't tried these yet, so I don't know if they work. In rivals mode you can select your leaderboard time, and you will race against your ghost until you beat it. I guess then you could just back out, select your new leaderboard time, and race your ghost again. Supposedly in free play mode, if you remove drivatars, and select a bunch of laps, your ghost will appear after a couple laps. Here's a link on the subject:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst43783_RACING-AGAINST-MY-OWN-GHOST.aspx

@prousonhairy, thanks for the guidance about using rivals mode. I appreciate it.

You are correct that a ghost appears in free play, however, it's not the ghost of prior cars, it's the ghost of the current car in the current event I'm thinking.

I can't resist saying that I'm having a dickens of a time finding the ghost of Christmas past!

Edit: I had difficulties in finding out how to set a rival in the Leaderboards because I assumed it would be in the Leaderboards you see after a race. Not so. You have to exit back to the main Rivals menu where you choose a track and press (Y) for THOSE Leaderboards. Then you can choose yourself. You have to then go through car choice again.

Another oddity, once you have beaten your best time, the ghost disappears, and you have to back right out again, choose your track, go to leaderboards with (Y), re-choose your car, and reenter the race. I'm sure it was a lot easier in FM4.
Hope this helps others.

Last edited:
Back