Race C Todays strategi. Whats your opinion?

• Thread starter gt5 staff
  • 10 comments
I won several races today gained over 10.000 Dr points and beat better players that's for sure is better driver then me. I keep winning with no pit stop strategi. (Video added)

I slipstreamed alot and use short shifting for fuelsave. That's how I had enough fuel for the whole race. But that's not the only trick, the tyre wear can be a problem, so taking good care of the tyres is necessary.

I didn't made any overtaking unless I could do it 100% save without pushing the rev limiter to the maks or either pushing the tires to the make.

What's your opinion, is this the best strategi for this race?

And of course if you have any advice for me to drive better, please be free to write that. In advance many thanks.

If you keep winning, why change strategy? The drivers that won the couple of races I competed in also did not stop.

just courious, from whitch position did you start? Because I can imagine, if you start from the middle and you are slower because of fuel and tyre saving, it must be very hard not te get pushed around. I think this is the main reason why very less people try the same strategy, they are afraid to be ramed off from the others

just courious, from whitch position did you start? Because I can imagine, if you start from the middle and you are slower because of fuel and tyre saving, it must be very hard not te get pushed around. I think this is the main reason why very less people try the same strategy, they are afraid to be ramed off from the others

I started at position 7 and won the race whitout a single contact with anyone.

Got clean race bonus as you can see the at end of the video I added.

I guess many drivers don't know about short-shifting, especially with the M4. Also the tyre wear might put some people off. Many people just drive flat-out no matter the situation.
I'm the type of person you just described. I can't handle tire wear. I take a stop but it's only for tires; no refuel.

At high DR in my experience being a turtle is really hard to pull off; if you're not 10 seconds ahead of first when he pits it's pretty much game over. I did see one successful turtle though, he was 13 seconds ahead of me when he passed by. He finished 2 seconds ahead (from 4th) :)

I'm the type of person you just described. I can't handle tire wear. I take a stop but it's only for tires; no refuel.
Same, I can't drive slower and save tires but still be decently fast and driving on worn tires is also hard to do for me :lol: I didn't pit yesterday tho as I somehow managed to get my **** together most of the time. Still spun out twice iirc :crazy:

This is the case with all other cars except M4. See this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ready-for-a-new-bug.376092/

In the M4 you can short shift a lot and not lose pace.
DR S here. I did 3 races from pole and won 2 of them. The one I didn’t was because I was pushed off the track 3 times and finished 12. lol
I was shifting way early. Like 25% of the rev meter. Sometimes I went half way just in the big straights or when going uphill after the S.

Latest Posts

Back