Race Construction?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 7 comments
  • 1,077 views
Messages
10,687
United States
Everywhere
I haven't seen discussion on the topic in other threads, though I try to avoid the ones that are hundreds of posts long, so I don't know if this has been covered but I haven't found a spacific topic on it and it could be worded many different ways.


In arcade mode is there a way to choose your competitors? Is there a way to choose competitors in any part of GT4? I guess I'd also like to know what kind of limitations there are on entering cars in "Simulation / GT / Career" mode as well.

I would LOVE to be able to have six different colored S2000s lapping Nurburgring at the same time. That would be a total blast.
 
No you can't choose what cars you race against, you can alter the spec of your car though to better match the performance of the cars the game puts you against.
 
They introduced a low tech version of that in GT2 didn't they, the computer would select what cars it thought would be competitive and of equal stnadard to yours, although you couldn't really enter race cars as it only allowed cars like the RUF CTR2's as teh best cars you could race against. still it's a good idea id like, i mean is there a race for just group c cars at all, or are the group c's just mixed with teh modern prototypes. I'd love just a group c or prototype race.
anyway enough rambling I don't think there is.
 
I wonder why most racing games with real car makes dont have this feature. this should definitely be a high priority feature for the next GT. if there ever is an online version of GT4 hopefully youll be able to restrict races to a specific cars. either that or just get people to agree to use the same car.
 
Yeah, race restictions in online racing need to have all kinds of options. Similar to the options in FPS games like Halo 2 where you have different "game types" such as King of the Hill or Capture the Flag, you could have race type modifiers like max PWR or combined cost no greater than 75,000, or more simple like FR only.

It'll never happen. I'm not going to get my hopes up.
 
This is just a thought because I don't have the game but.......

What if you were to link up 6 ps2's and tv's for a link battle. Then each player selects a different colour S2000. And then all but one player uses b-spec mode. Would that be (an unbelivably long and complicated) solution to your problem? ;)
 
there is a mission race with six S2000's @ Suzuka ;)
 
DQuaN
This is just a thought because I don't have the game but.......

What if you were to link up 6 ps2's and tv's for a link battle. Then each player selects a different colour S2000. And then all but one player uses b-spec mode. Would that be (an unbelivably long and complicated) solution to your problem? ;)

Well, yes I believe it would. Would you like to sponcer my endevour to test it? I'll need roughly $5,000 (:
 
Back