Race deciding moments.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jcbiker
  • 13 comments
  • 893 views
Messages
68
Rather than posting a whole race report, i'd like to start a thread about 'race deciding moments', moments that either won or lost the race for you, My main reason for this is that i havn't seen any outher threads about it, and i just thought it would be intresting to read. I haven't searched for a thread like this, because i have no idea what keywords i would use.

If you dont think this is a good idea 👎 , then fair enough, or if it HAS been done before, do what u wish with this. 👎

I would start, but haven't had any memorable 'Race deciding moments'
 
If I get it right, you are looking for people to share a specific moment of a race where you had to make a decision i.e. pass here, or wait till next curve, that could have completely changed the outcome of a race?
 
Trying to get the last ounce out of the tires and ending with biffing almost every corner as they are reduced to flaming heaps of rubble...that destroyed some races, especially at the Nurburgring 4 Hour...

-Or-

Stupidly deciding to drift the last turn (before the switchback) on Seattle and losing it, then in the process of regaining control, have the AI slam you into a spin again. :irked:
 
Used my tyres till they were red at F1 and lost seconds and came second
damnn
 
Jetboys427
Stupidly deciding to drift the last turn (before the switchback) on Seattle and losing it, then in the process of regaining control, have the AI slam you into a spin again. :irked:
That happened to me a few times in the Opel VX220 series, taken out last corner by hellbent AI. So frustrating when you're about to win.
 
All my races are decided the moment I pick up the controller.

[/Laying Smack Down]
 
Lol yeah, I have one as well:

I copied this from my GTWC race report on the forum:

First of all, that was a wrong decision. I thought: ‘10 laps? No pitstop needed’. How wrong could I be. There wasn’t a rolling start, which means that wasn’t an advantage for me. After the first corners I was 3rd behind the Minolta and the R92CP. I was able to catch them up at the end of the first lap though. Made some mistakes in the beginning of the 2nd lap, which cost me the lead, but I got the lead back 2 corners later. The gap between me and the R92CP wasn’t more than 2 seconds after each lap. After lap 6 I already got (light) orange tyres. All the other decided to pit in that lap. I made the decision to stay outside the whole race, but oh my god, this race was a close one.
In the 7th lap I spun out after the second corner because I went too hard on the cerbs.
The 8th lap was the last one with a ‘normal’ laptime. After this lap all my tyres were red and I still had to go for 2 laps. At that moment the gap was 28 seconds.
The 9th lap was sliding all the way, I managed to get this lap: 1.34.094 and a lead of 22.829, because they still had to warm up their tyres.
Last lap...sliding even more and there just wasnt a possibility to get some speed on straights. The R92CP was getting closer fast and I had to give everything my car was able to do at that moment. When I finally went to the last straight, the R92 also came out of that corner and I won with 3 seconds (last lap: 1.43.259).

One of the most interesting races for me :)
 
I was doing the Test ring race in some championship, had to win that one or else i'd lose the whole championship. I was in a R92CP, and had caught up and passed the other R92CP, CLK-GTR, and Toyota GT ONE at the first corner, when i was hit by the CLK-GTR, flew up, over the other cars, landed in a spin and ended up 6th. I used my uber drafting skills, and at the last corner of the 3rd (last) lap, i was able to catch up to the first 3, and beat the CLK-GTR by a hundredth of a second.

Oh, and during the Nurburgring 24hr race, i used my Minolta car, with over 7000 miles on the odometer, and with red tires. Last lap, last corner i blew it, and i started doing a major drift sideways because of my tires and bad chassis and because i was very tired, and the R92CP was right behind me. Luckily, he slammed head on into my side and pushed me (sideways) accross the finish line. That was a few heartpounding seconds right there.
 
Raghavan
Oh, and during the Nurburgring 24hr race, i used my Minolta car, with over 7000 miles on the odometer, and with red tires. Last lap, last corner i blew it, and i started doing a major drift sideways because of my tires and bad chassis and because i was very tired, and the R92CP was right behind me. Luckily, he slammed head on into my side and pushed me (sideways) accross the finish line. That was a few heartpounding seconds right there.

Of all the Race reports I have read, the Nurburgring 24h is basically limited to 500 hp and below touring cars. Was the situation otherwise?
 
luftrofl
Of all the Race reports I have read, the Nurburgring 24h is basically limited to 500 hp and below touring cars. Was the situation otherwise?
REally? I thought you could use any car possible?
 
Raghavan
I was doing the Test ring race in some championship, had to win that one or else i'd lose the whole championship. I was in a R92CP, and had caught up and passed the other R92CP, CLK-GTR, and Toyota GT ONE at the first corner, when i was hit by the CLK-GTR, flew up, over the other cars, landed in a spin and ended up 6th. I used my uber drafting skills, and at the last corner of the 3rd (last) lap, i was able to catch up to the first 3, and beat the CLK-GTR by a hundredth of a second.

Oh, and during the Nurburgring 24hr race, i used my Minolta car, with over 7000 miles on the odometer, and with red tires. Last lap, last corner i blew it, and i started doing a major drift sideways because of my tires and bad chassis and because i was very tired, and the R92CP was right behind me. Luckily, he slammed head on into my side and pushed me (sideways) accross the finish line. That was a few heartpounding seconds right there.
the AI doesnt use the R92CP in the 24hr Nurb race, they only use JGTC cars.
and in the 24hr Nurb if ur in a Minolta stock or not it's total overkill and you would prob win with 15+ laps ahead of the 2nd place car usualy the M3 GTR. or the Skyline JGTC.


EDIT: damn looks like i got beat to the awnser, stupid plate of nachos that got me distracted. :banghead: :banghead: 🤬 :mad: :mad:
 
luftrofl
I meant the AI field is limited to those cars.
Oh, i thought you meant my car. I made a mistake, the other car was a Nissan Skyline JGTC or something.
Yes, it's overkill, but i'm a horrible driver.
 
Back