Race Driver 3 - Williams Challenge help?

FerrariF1GT

Doesn’t hate VGTs
Premium
United States
Madison, WI
FerrariF1GT
FerrariFan24
I've been playing through TOCA Race Driver 3 lately and I've won every event in World Tour- except for this last championship- and gee, talk about a difficulty spike! I knew that I was going to have to earn my top spots with me facing off FW27s in the FW11B but I did not expect to get absolutely handed by even the FW18s at Donington. I'm not even sure if I can keep up at Surfers Paradise!

What makes this even worse is that I looked on YT and saw that others got the FW18 for this; I'm stuck with the FW11B. I don't know if this is a region difference (I'm on NTSC), a platform thing (I'm on Xbox), both (the videos I saw of people using the FW18 looked like they were on PAL PC), or something else entirely, so I'm hoping someone here can enlighten me. Am I missing something? Is this event even possible to win with the FW11B? What are some tuning tips that might make this easier?

I think it's impossible. I've seen a playthrough on TraxionGG YT Channel and there, after many tries, the player gave up. He was great at the game, yet he couldn't even get close to winning it.

It seems like it might've been some sort of prank by Codemasters. What makes me think that is the fact that the Progress is already 100% without completing it (at least it was on the TraxionGG playthrough). The people who used different cars have most likely edited their game files.

EDIT: One person in the comments under one of the playthroughs claims to have beaten this challenge. Here's his comment:

"It is not impossible, I've made in on PS2 :D The most important thing is to pit in lap 8 or 9, and you have to be a bit lucky that the 2004 cars get stuck behind the 80's cars. The first round at Donington is one of the hardest"

Last edited:
What makes this even worse is that I looked on YT and saw that others got the FW18 for this; I'm stuck with the FW11B. I don't know if this is a region difference (I'm on NTSC)
It must be a region thing, because I played it on the PAL PS2, I don't know the first thing about modding / altering save files and I was put in the FW18, just like TraxionGG.

Currently on Race 7 of the Williams F1 Team Challenge on PAL PS2 with the FW18. The hardest races were definitely Donington, Brands Hatch and Surfers Paradise. On Donington and Brands Hatch, you have to drive absolutely supreme while also pitting on the right lap (I did a 5/5 strategy), as the AI is pretty good there. As for Surfers Paradise, the AI isn't that great there, but the track is absolute hell because the FW18 just gives up if you make any mistake. I switched to 9/1 for this track because the AI was still ahead at the end when I did a 5/5. Zandvoort is doable because the track is easy to drive on and 5/5 works very well here, while Phillip Island and Snetterton are all pretty easy tracks where the AI is not that great on. I'm doing Mondello Park right now and I qualified last (a first for me in this championship), I hope the AI in the race doesn't drive as well as the qualifying times indicate, otherwise I might be screwed… (well, I've already gotten the championship, I just want to come 1st in every race).

Back