Race for Money on the "'Ring''

  • Thread starter Thread starter 300zxfairman
  • 14 comments
  • 849 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
569
Germany
Germany
Messages
Srweber88
Messages
Srweber88
I found this website by mistake. It is a website about virtual race on the Ring for reaL CASH PRICES . <<Link removed>> Tell me What you thing of it.
 
What's stopping the owner from winning it?
 
Quote from site:

"I am a racing driver myself and have done a lot of track time in my life driving anything from Ferraris, Lambo’s, Astons, Maserati's, Porsches to full on race prepared cars."

Good odds eh? :)
 
luftrofl
What's stopping the owner from winning it?
Have you fully explored the site it will tell why! :rolleyes:
 
skyline speed
wow,looks like fun is this new?

May sound like fun but before you fork over your GBP 9.99 I'd think twice before entering this.
Who's to say they wont keep your cash and NOT pay out. Even if they did payout they're making a bundle.
1000 entries x 10 = 10.000 (payout is 3000). profit for the one running this comp = 7000. That's a huge profit (for them, not you).
AMG
 
You'd think that someone trying to run a professional, reputable competition would at least get the name of his own car right. (On the vision page he calls it a 966 GT3)
You are also prevented from seeing how many people have joined until you have, for all you know, it may have twenty members, I'll give it a miss.
 
This seems quite vague to say the least. The rules state that it doesn't matter if you hit the guardrail or drive over the grass because you will be slower anyway. I can think of several points where that's definitely not the case. Furthermore it's only about the fastest time, not an interesting competition at all. And they plan on validating the lap by a screenshot of the end time and a save on the memory card? I don't know if this is possible, but isn't this easy to fake using some kind of hybird car or cheat that gives your car, say 40-50HP extra or a little bit of extra grip without being too visible in the replay? In fact, if they don't even check the replay this is just too tempting for cheaters..
 
I don't know anything I clicked on it by mistake.So don't ask me.Ask them
 
Did anyone read the part about no rules
No rules=Hybriding
 
'Steer clear' is my reaction... very badly put together site...

I assume their way of making sure people have valid times is by organising the supposed trip to London for the quickest 20 drivers for the final face-off. Of course nothing is stopping the whole thing being a complete hoax and a big money making exercise.

BTW the cheap looking bikini girl on the site really puts me off, it seems to be directed at gullible, dumb suckers. Any serious competition wouldn't need an irrelevant chick.
 
Yea i never looked at it that way, I was never planing to enter anyway.Glad I didnt :dunce:
 
This sounds well dodgy. I've removed the link.

Skyline Speed - when a double post happens, don't create another psot to say sorry. Just edit the double post with an apology.
 
James2097
'Steer clear' is my reaction... very badly put together site...

I assume their way of making sure people have valid times is by organising the supposed trip to London for the quickest 20 drivers for the final face-off. Of course nothing is stopping the whole thing being a complete hoax and a big money making exercise.

BTW the cheap looking bikini girl on the site really puts me off, it seems to be directed at gullible, dumb suckers. Any serious competition wouldn't need an irrelevant chick.
I wasen't too sure about the website myself I thought might interest some. I didn't really explore the site before I made this thread.I guess I learned my lesson. The website lookes like some college idoit haveing some fun trying to get people to pay his way through college. :lol:
Plus looking at hte websit what does a bikini girl and the 2F2F Supra have to do with Gt4 and the Nurburgring if your gonna make a website about that at least use a nice BMW as the backround picture. Anyway It was a bad link I should have done my research before posting a thread.
This sucks :ouch:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back