Race freeze concerns

  • Thread starter Thread starter sesselpupser
  • 2 comments
  • 1,227 views

sesselpupser

Pileated member
Premium
Messages
9,406
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
neema_t
Yeah, not really sure how to word the title of this thread, but basically here's my question:

People have been talking about how GT5 has crashed more often since the 1.10 patch, I'm sure some of the regulars around here would have heard something or experienced it for themselves by now. Personally, I haven't had any crashes, just incredibly long load times and occasional weirdness (like the time I started a race, it loaded but stayed on a black screen, then went back to the GT Life screen), but I'm concerned about starting any endurance races now. All I have left at this point are the Suzuka, Tsukuba 9h and the two 24h races. I have done at least one 4 hour race (I can't remember if I did the Nürburgring 4h before or after 1.10) which took me about 5 hours, and my PS3 was fine. It's a Slim and it's as old as GT5 itself, given that it was a replacement for my Fat which YLOD'd not five hours into GT5 on the first night.

So, has anyone actually done any of the longer endurance races since the patch? Or maybe my question should be has anyones' PS3 frozen on them during any race? I want to get on with the Tsukuba 9 hour to get it out of the way, but I definitely don't want to have to do it more than once. The 4 hour was so very, very boring, I actually fell asleep at one point, no joke.
 
I finished the B Spec 24 hr NRing yesterday with no problems (but had 3 long enduros freeze at end without any credit before I learned):

1. Prop up your PS3 on some pegs or something so it'll run cooler.

2. ALWAYS run the endurance races signed out of PSN (offline).

Hope that helps (especially #2).
 
I finished the B Spec 24 hr NRing yesterday with no problems (but had 3 long enduros freeze at end without any credit before I learned):

1. Prop up your PS3 on some pegs or something so it'll run cooler.

2. ALWAYS run the endurance races signed out of PSN (offline).

Hope that helps (especially #2).

Thanks, I already do the second one because of the time I was halfway through the FGT Championship and an update came out, and the first is a pretty good idea, I might lie mine on some pencils to get some air underneath. Horizontal pencils, that is. I was just worried because of a few reports of crashes, and losing 6-24 hours of sitting around not doing much isn't something I can exactly afford to do!
 
Back