[RACE] International Touring Car Championship - #5 - Close this vthreadOpen 

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,843 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Registration now open:

If you want a factory spot, there is a deadline for factory spots: I can not guarantee a factory spot if you do not sign up before the factory registration deadline - May 17th, 2014. Registration this year will be quite different from in previous seasons. Registration will OPEN at midnight GMT-0, Sunday April 13th and FACTORY TEAM registration will CLOSE at midnight GMT-0 May 17th, 2014.

GTP name:
PSN name:
# of ITCC seasons completed:
# of GTP seasons completed (if unsure, please say "more than one"):

# of championship wins:

These factors will determine which manufacturers contact you for testing, or to offer you a spot as their factory driver.

If you miss the deadline, and all factory spots are filled, you may end up filling a privateer or independent slot, so meet the deadline!

If you meet the deadline, the manufacturers will invite you to test for them. Every manufacturer will have a different goal and a different criteria set for the drivers. If they like what they see, you'll be chosen as a factory driver - to ensure that the manufacturers have the best drivers they can, and to ensure that the "factory" spots are for the best-of-the-best. Those who are unsuccessful will be Independent's Championship drivers, with lower expectations and their own championship to win. A majority of the manufacturers involved in ITCC have Factory-backing, so chances are good that the truly talented drivers will be on the factory teams. This skill-ranging should lead to some very, very fun points battles! Those who are likely to win races will be factory drivers, while those who need more experience will not be embarrassed by drivers who have four seasons of experience.

If you want to use a car which no one else is using, you may sign-up as a privateer. Privateers are drivers who do not have teammates. Only Independent drivers can be privateers.

GTP name: Ettick
PSN name: Ettick_
# of ITCC seasons completed: 1
# of GTP seasons completed (if unsure, please say "more than one"): 1
# of championship wins: 1 I think if ITCC4 independent championship counts

GTP name: nascarfan1400
PSN name: nascarfan1400
# of ITCC seasons completed: 1 1/2
# of GTP seasons completed (if unsure, please say "more than one"): more than one
# of championship wins: 1

GTP name: Siggers
PSN name: Sig1611
# of ITCC seasons completed: 2
# of GTP seasons completed (if unsure, please say "more than one"): 3
# of championship wins: 0

Turbo_snail
Boy-wonder_2000

👍

GTP name: Ettick
PSN name: Ettick_
# of ITCC seasons completed: 1
# of GTP seasons completed (if unsure, please say "more than one"): 1
# of championship wins: 0 1

🤬 you bashful so-and-so, you JUST WON A CHAMPIONSHIP LESS THAN AN HOUR AGO. :grumpy: :lol:

Kidding. 👍

GTP name: nascarfan1400
PSN name: nascarfan1400
# of ITCC seasons completed: 1 1/2
# of GTP seasons completed (if unsure, please say "more than one"): more than one

👍

GTP name: Siggers
PSN name: Sig1611
# of ITCC seasons completed: 2

👍

GTP name: Ninners
PSN name: Nin-Chin
# of ITCC seasons completed:0

Part time/reserve

Last edited:
GTP name: Furinkazen
PSN name: Furinkazen
# of ITCC seasons completed:0
# of GTP seasons completed (if unsure, please say "more than one"): 30+
# of race wins: 4

Part time/reserve

Last edited:
GTP name: LancerEvo7
PSN name: GTP_LancerEvo7
# of ITCC seasons completed: Technically 0, but 2 by your definition.
# of GTP seasons completed: Over 20

# of championship wins: At least 4

Mel, Ettick Locked into Factory Teams, Nas in On Met Conditions
With the conclusion of day one testing, three drivers entered, and three drivers walk away happy. ITCC_Andrew has locked in a ride at Citroen. Meanwhile Ettick has locked in a seat at Honda. And then there's Nas. While improving, he technically didn't meet the requirements by Renault. He ran the target lap, but not consistently. He can, however, still lock himself in. He has been given a ride by Renault for ITCC Runoffs. Given he finishes 8th or better in points, he has it.

Day two should see even more moments of action, and of course, finding the "Golden Setup".​

Renault must really like finishing P8 :P

Nas is border-line on the requirements Renault set out. They're giving him a shot at it, under the assumption that maybe Time Trialing isn't Nas's forté.

P8 in 5 might be surprisingly difficult, actually. I also struggled to get my target lap time - which was similar to nas's. :eek:

Nas is border-line on the requirements Renault set out. They're giving him a shot at it, under the assumption that maybe Time Trialing isn't Nas's forté.

P8 in 5 might be surprisingly difficult, actually. I also struggled to get my target lap time - which was similar to nas's. :eek:
Who the crap made those lap times :P

Time Trials defiantly not my cup of tea...

Let the whiner speak for us all, with the exception of the Honda, specs are close.

Last edited:
Regarding the Honda, I'll have to check it out again. It might need to keep the same horsepower-to-weight ratio, but with more weight and more power, to worsen its rather incredible handling.

Otherwise, though... :eek: Factory drivers this season will have to work extra-hard for it. I see quite a contingent of Independents being present.

Maybe @Siggers, @gtpcaine, @jammy21, and a few others from ITCC seasons past will be able to be the factory drivers, leading to excellent battles, but... I wouldn't hold my breath if I were a first-timer.

I just hope only 8 people show up for Runoffs. Lol

1-Jammy
2-me
3-Ciro
4-Caine
5-Siggers
6-buck
7-gedi (?)
8-Lancer
9-Furi
10-Ninners

etc.

And you're suddenly an Independent driver. :lol: ;)

Better get used to pulling four-leaf clovers out of rabbit's feet from inside a hat. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back