Race of Decades - Grand Final!!

• Thread starter DGiant2000
  • 13 comments
England
Emerging from semi-retirement
GTP_DGiant2000
I think not
A big thankyou to all competitors in this, the inaugural race of decades competition. We hope you have had fun competing and we appreciate your patience in bearing with us during our first GTP event. Despite the waning interest in GT5P, there has been some great competition and some close wheel to wheel racing. If GT5 ever arrives, you an be sure the Race of Decades will be back even bigger and better! Anyway, congratulations to the 3 finalists - GTP_Devie, Ren831 and vrrm so without further ado

The Race of Decades Final

16150861.jpg

As the teenagers were too scared to mix it with us elder statesmen, this will be a 3 way round robin competition between the finalists.

Vehicle Specifics:

Make: Audi R8
Power: Optional
Weight: Optional
Tyres: Optional
Aids: Optional
Tuning: Allowed
pp: 600

Race Specifics:
This round consists of 3 single races at Suzuka in the 600pp online expert AWD event. Please contact your opponent to arrange a race time. Races can be run in any order, please past results in this thread

The pairings for this event are:
GTP_Devie vs Ren831
Ren831 vs vrrm
vrrm vs GTP_Devie

At the start of the race, please move to the side of the track to allow the public race to start. Competitors should then proceed to the start/finish line and await the start of the race. The race should begin exactly 30 seconds after the start of the public race. Individual racers are responsible for getting their car to the start at the scheduled race time.
If neither competitor finishes the race due to the time limit, the competitor who was leading when the time ends will be deemed the winner. In the event of a 3 way tie in the final, a hotlap competition will be announced to decide the overall placings

Deadline for completion of races is Thursday the 25th of February 11:59 GMT in line with the scheduled update. If any competitors have an issue meeting the deadline, please PM Phillip or Andy and alternative provision can be discussed

Please feel free to discuss practise laptimes and setups and I would encourage people to do so.

Overall, we hope you enjoy the final, and the event as a whole and remember, keep it out of the barriers!!

r8wrecked.jpg

Best of luck, Phillip and Andy

Great Final

A massive thank you must go to Andy for all his hard work in this ROD event. Looks like a great final race by the three main contenders.

Phillip.👍👍

Last edited:
Will be great to watch these races 👍 Just have to say a big thank you to Andy and Phil for this, was really fun and hope to see a round two in the future.

CT :cheers:

Big thanks to you guys as well!
Looking forward to the finals, even if scared.... :-)

So do the younger generations have a handicap e.g. remove one wheel from their car for each decade of difference?

How about a second a year start for the old foggie?

I was racing the R8 on Suzuka the other day and the only thing I noticed, other than the excessive understeer, was the frequency and pace of other drivers going past me, lol.

I'm travelling from Sunday to mid next week and organising my head for the journey prior to that, so will PM Ren & Devie to arrange a time maybe end of the week or next weekend. Being in the same timezone Devie is easy. Ren is -9 hours, so likely evening for me, afternoon for you.

Can I rebadge my WRX 05 as an R8 maybe? If I install a mouse on a treadmill to power the front wheels can I drive an LM? Huh? Huh?

Lol, looking forward to it.

Last edited:
vrrm, 9h? eish.... But we'll make a plan. Looks like it can only happen on the WE, though, because earliest I can make under the week is like 6PM my time, which would mean 3AM for you :lol:. So unless you are, unlike me, one of these lucky individuals who are just rich and alive and don't have to go to work, it does not really sound feasible :grumpy:....
Looking forward to the races, but I think I'll have to run some nasty R/S tyre combo to counter the bloody understeer. We'll be in touch 👍

It’s very nice to see that some of us still have the enthusiasm for GT5p, this is why the event has been very relaxed, we know that time zones, work (for the none rich) holidays and so on, play a big part in what we can accomplish so don’t worry to much, if we have to run over into next PD update so be it, I’m sure we can still come up with other races to enjoy.

I for one am looking forward to watching these finals, and of coarse will be routing for my decade, as I hope many others will come along supporting their decade too.

It would be a nice touch if you could all, post what date and time the races are going to take place here in this thread so, if any members from your decades would like to come along and support you that would be great.

Big shame no Teens representative in this Grand Final of the four Decades.

Good luck to:

GTP_Devie: representing the Twenties Decade.

GTP_Ren831: representing the Thirties Decade.

Torc_vrrm: representing the Forties Decade.

Andy & Phillip.

Last edited:
Lol, if it's OK with everyone I'd rather represent the 60's decade and lament the absence of the 40's & 50's.

Lol, if it's OK with everyone I'd rather represent the 60's decade and lament the absence of the 40's & 50's.

You've earned the right to represent any Decade you like Rob. 👍

I'm cool mate. Given your issues I don't mind waiting until after the update.

Rob

OK guys, sounds like the general consensus is wait until Thursday which is fine by me, gives me and Phillip time to find a really nasty combo :lol: I'll try to get it posted asap to give you as much time as possible to race, especially given the time differences involving Ren. Thanks for your continued interest

Andy

Hello people, i dont mind waiting untill the online update either. Makes it a bit more exciting. 👍

OK guys, sounds like the general consensus is wait until Thursday which is fine by me, gives me and Phillip time to find a really nasty combo :lol: I'll try to get it posted asap to give you as much time as possible to race, especially given the time differences involving Ren. Thanks for your continued interest

Andy

Cool gents!
Devie: I was actually planning to contact you still (as I was mistaking thinking we are the same time zone). But it's cool if all agree to wait. Looking forward to a "nasty" combo as the R8 is such a harmless, if fun, drive. 👍

Back