Race Times vs Lobby Strength || Nations & Manufacturers Cup

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tidgney
  • 3 comments
  • 650 views

Tidgney

Premium
Messages
3,375
United Kingdom
Southport
Messages
Youtube_Tidgney
Hey Guys/Girls,

Really curious as to which race times people are choosing (Maybe say Race 1 - 5) for Nations (and manufacturers) and also what DR/SR you are, especially in the EU region?

I've just had another race... and it happens quite often where the lobby strength isn't all that high and the race becomes a tad bit boring. I mean no offence to the guys I race with but I'm S/S and I'm still getting in lobbies with B/S which I thought might be due to the fact I'm racing later? But then the other week I chose a 6pm (Race 2) GMT race (when I was A/S) and I ended up with 7 A's 5 B's and the rest D's making for a boring race and very low points return. Also quite scary as my braking points are very different to D rated drivers and I don't want to wreck their race as I caught a few of them up!

In Nations especially I never have a chance at winning the entire season due to this issue so I want to figure this out for when the official season starts so I'm not at a disadvantage. Now I have no issue with the way points are given out I'm just after finding out when the best time to race is and change my schedule accordingly so I can at least have the opportunity at the larger points of 1900+ and also have some side by side racing! I'd rather come 2nd in an epic race like my last Youtube video than win by 10 seconds and be bored..

Personally in the week due to work I'm usually;
  • Nations: 20:00 GMT (Race 4)
  • Manufacturers: 21:10 (Race 5)
  • Or if I race one the last race of the night at 21:00/21:10 (Race 5)
I hope PD could potentially make this public in the future to help drivers pick which times may suit them best!

Would be good to know what people are choosing at least :)!
 
Hey Tidgney,
Over here in the North/South America region, we’ve started a chat group thru the Playststion messages system. Many of the ‘fast’ guys/girls that are either S/S or A/S are part of the chat. They’ve used it to help coordinate which races the group will join ... with the thought of improving the strength of field ... for maximizing point potential. I’ve seen winners receive over 1900 points for a win in some of these races.
My suggestion is that you and your fast competitors do something similar, to improve the quality of your races and the point potential.

Good luck, Cheers!
 
From my Observation the first and the last rades are usully the strongest.

Since we are in week 7 now, the strenght is declining, since not all good Players are active the whole time... I often think ist pure luck to join very strong Lobbys :D
 
Hey Tidgney,
Over here in the North/South America region, we’ve started a chat group thru the Playststion messages system. Many of the ‘fast’ guys/girls that are either S/S or A/S are part of the chat. They’ve used it to help coordinate which races the group will join ... with the thought of improving the strength of field ... for maximizing point potential. I’ve seen winners receive over 1900 points for a win in some of these races.
My suggestion is that you and your fast competitors do something similar, to improve the quality of your races and the point potential.
Good luck, Cheers!

That seems a good idea! I've seen over 1900 once, only wish I was in that race as 2nd and 3rd will still have been higher than anything I have received haha! Great suggestion though, cheers :)!

From my Observation the first and the last rades are usully the strongest.

Since we are in week 7 now, the strenght is declining, since not all good Players are active the whole time... I often think ist pure luck to join very strong Lobbys :D

It does seem very hit and miss, although I seem to have missed it quite a lot! Don't get me wrong I've also had some strong lobbies to with 1700 points available. I do think there's a bit more to it than luck though as it appears a lot of the same people end up with a lot of the points.
 
Back