• Thread starter rumblina
  • 0 comments

rumblina

www.raceonoz.com
Premium
Australia
QLD
Rumbleshorts
This is from my lasest race at www.raceonoz.com: Australia's home of racing!

Division 3

Well I started out OK, 8th qualify and moved up to 7th by turn 1. Out of the turn, I was drafting on x_3vilm00n and at the end of the mini-straight I was able to go under him to take 6th spot :D From here I was able to just keep pace with the leaders until again we were going in to turn 1 on lap 2 where I broke way too late and hit the corner of the Armco, stopping me in my tracks and letting moon go through me like Patrick Swayze through Demi in "Ghost". This also allowed jas002 to pass and coming out of the turn I gave him a slight tap on the bum (sorry mate) and due to my low speed, SHUVIT_S1d3WAYS passed on the outside which had a little bump to it when I was going in to the straight (and he passed Jas too, sorry again); D'oh! My only saving grace here was I had a decent lead over TchakGT at the time otherwise I would have found myself in 10th. Going in to the chicane Jas made an error in to the left wall so I was able to pass him going on to the grid straight :) Wow, that's a lot of events in 2 laps!

Now it was time to play catch up! I still had Shuvit in my sight,which I was able to do by the start of lap 7, wherein we had an out-braking/line battle. Unfortunately I use 'Bumper Cam' view so when I was drafting him down the next straight I misjudged the minor bend (couldn't see it due to the fat bum of his car) and hit the Armco, went 90 degrees to the wall and had trouble finding reverse. By the time I got going again, Tchak and ROOZ_Miki had caught up and went passed me! Again I had to play catch up, and then Miki went wide and hit the wall and Tchak went by him and it also allowed me to catch back up. I passed Miki when he went hard into the big roundy bend hitting the wall, which allowed me to pass him to get back to 9th. Eventually, I passed Tchak at the start of lap 9 leading into turn 1: We were neck and neck and braking similar but I had the inside line and the slightly better lead in to the corner on brakes and unfortunately he found the Armco. Back up to to 8th from where I started!

Now I had Shuvit back in my sights, and Miki on my butt! Crossing the start line to start lap 10, I had a 3s lead over Miki and a 9s deficit on Shuvit so it was time to yet again play catch-up :( Slowly but surely I closed the gap on Shuvit to 5s at the start of lap 13 but had not extended my lead over Miki (but was still going OK), only to ruin all the good work oat the end of the first 'straight' due to hitting the barrier hard after out-braking MYSELF! Miki, going well, caught up (of course) and I then decided to pit at the end of this lap (13) instead of my original plan of at the end of L14.

Coming out of the pits I was surprised to find myself in 11th, having Jas and Tchak pass me. Time to play catch up yet again, but now on fresh tyres! As I go on to the main straight for the start of L15, I saw Miki has pitted so I pounce, passing him as he comes out of the pit lane (he stayed inside the yellow line too, nice work mate), back in to 10th after making up some time over him too :D With the fresh rubber still going strong, I start to push for 8th. Jas & Tchak have yet to pit, and being on fresh rubber, I push hard to catch them up. I watch Jas recovering from a spin and push on only to see that Tchak is pitting as I am heading in to the chicane, and I still have Miki right on my arse.

Nothing too exciting happens until the start of L23, where I started making massive headway in to his lead. In a matter of 3 laps I got Shuvit's 15s lead down to 3s :D Yay, yet another catch-up lap or two, but this time with Miki right on my rear bumper to put the pressure on! Lap 25 and Shuvit is starting to make the errors I used to late in the race (hitting walls and such). It appears he has been trying for a no-stop race! as his arse is sliding like a mofo! The roundy corner of L25v he goes very wide and I go up the inside to gain 7th.

The rest of the race is insane! Miki is pushing me to the limit for every single lap until the end, almost passing a number of times, but I still managed to finish in 7th; by all of a second over Miki.

I had sweat coming of the forehead in the last 10 laps of that race because that was one of the most intense battles I have ever had here at ROOZ, cheers Miki, Shuvit and congratulations to the podium :D

Last edited:
Back