Racers Reunited. Supercar Handicap Championship, JAMMY IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 414 comments
And Jocke suffered a DC, as did John
I intend changing the race format...
It was no normal DC that happened to me. It was just some freak PS3 failure.
My connection these last three years playing GT6 have been solid as a rock
and I'm not worried it'll happen again.

I believe PD fixed the 'pit bug' a long time ago so I don't think that's the issue, Zo.
John must have experienced some other problem.

You shouldn't be hasty in changing the format, I for one was happy with what was.

mgo
Now I have to chose M4 for speed or California for Safe race
I picked the BMW after I saw what Rich could do with it at Monaco. It felt pretty good at Brands, too.

Just the same thoughts as I was thinking about regs changes
You shouldn't be hasty in changing the format, I for one was happy with what was.

Thanks for the feedback chaps, to everyone who's responded. Back to original regs it is then! 36 laps of Trial Mountain, full damage, and compulsory pit stop. Unfortunately, I've picked another track where there isn't any weather. I didn't know how many of those there were on GT :guilty:

Never mind, the 8C seems to love the circuit, sounds good and feels brilliant there. All I need now is for everybody to come along and kick my ass, like they did at Brands.

It occurred to me yesterday that, not only have we had four different people win the four races, but they were all driving different cars. I hope that is a sign that the handicapping is working well 👍. Will C-John make it five out of five, or someone else, perhaps? Or will we get our first double winner, Aaroh storming back after waking up, maybe? Will BB or Zeus show the pace we all know they're capable of? SO many questions, and only one way to find out...

Cheers, Zo.

@Harsk100 @pretend racer @mgo @CrazyJohn @buybon355 @Aaroh @tarnheld @LongbowX (How do you like Trial Mountain) @Sutsagrd @richroo @IfAndOr (just in case Paul:))

By the way, @Lilium , are you joining in the fun? I know it's a bit late for the championship, but the racing is good, and among the cleanest you'll find on GT.

And finally, I made a bit of a cock-up of the handicap ratings when posting them yesterday fellas. Please double check your car allocation. Should be correct now.

And, finally, finally... The racing line, as indicated by the black staining on the road surface at Trial Mountain, shows that drivers ignore the yellow hatch markings, which I think are there to give it an authentic 'open road' look. We can ignore those markings too, for those who were in doubt.

Cheers, cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
(just in case Paul:))
Ah, you saw me online. First time for about two months I think! Just testing the waters for now so I almost certainly wouldn't make a full 36 lap race without any interruptions.
However if I get the opportunity, and you don't mind, I might try and join in for a few laps. Since the weather is fine at T Mountain it'll get me up to speed! I'll keep out of everyone's way of course.

Perchance I do make it is this still the case for a "newbie" Zo? Choice of cars 6-12 (V12 Vantage to Challenger) in something orangey.

Trial Mountain looks good 👍
I think on this track there is 2 corners where to be careful one after first tunnel and the left before second tunnel I did kill cars in GT5 there lol

And, finally, finally... The racing line, as indicated by the black staining on the road surface at Trial Mountain, shows that drivers ignore the yellow hatch markings, which I think are there to give it an authentic 'open road' look. We can ignore those markings too, for those who were in doubt.

100% with that

I didn't disconnect, i just left the track and then the room.

I have to say, that I'm disappointed about that John. The Maserati is really only a little slower than the Boss, which managed second. The nature of a handicap championship is that the faster drivers get the slower cars. You can drive quickly, but if you're going to give up and quit because you're off the pace, then you need to tale a hard look at whether a handicap championship is one for you.

Cheers, Zo.

Sorry @IfAndOr , I forgot about your post, my mind was elsewhere. Yes, it's the V12 Vantage, or any car below that for anyone who hasn't yet got a handicap 👍 It'll be brilliant if you can turn up for a spin.

Cheers, cheers, Zo.

@Zolon32 I may appear for this race. The races are at an awkward time for me, but I can manage it most likely.

Question for track limits: the last chicane there are white lines at the sides of the track. Often times I see people run beyond them for a better run. Even the black "staining" of the racing line goes beyond the while line on the track. Are we to follow the black staining for these corners as well?

Question for track limits: the last chicane there are white lines at the sides of the track. Often times I see people run beyond them for a better run. Even the black "staining" of the racing line goes beyond the while line on the track. Are we to follow the black staining for these corners as well?

Longbow, it'll be good to have you fella, if you can make it. I had expected that we'd stick to the white line rule at the chicane itself, although I must admit that I haven't specifically looked at it for the purposes of this reply, I was just under the impression that the natural line stayed 'legal'. However, I have noticed that on the run down to the chicane the white line is an inexplicably long way in from the right hand side of the track, with plenty of room to be outside it. I think that expecting people to comply perfectly there, especially when you can actually see where your wheels are running would be problematic.

I'll have a look at the chicane itself tomorrow morning, and give a fuller answer regarding that.

Cheers, Zo.

Usual rules at trial mountain is to stay off the grass. The white line on the approach to the final chicane is normally considered ok in my experience.

The turn two right kink can see people cutting, but they're usually airborne so not sure if that counts lol

Why did you quit then
I had my schedule changed for this week. I was tired but still wanted to race, then as i started I felt I couldn't continue at a good pace, so I decided to park the car after the hit with Colin.

(I'm not lying)

(I'm not lying)

I'm glad to hear it John. You are my tip for the win at Trial Mountain, by the way (although I have heard rumour of a dark horse lurking in the shadows).

So, on to the subject of the white line at Trial Mountain.

We can ignore it on the approach to, and through the final chicane. It is so far from the kerb at that critical point when everyone is trying to squeeze the tightest line they can that expecting people to comply with it would be ridiculous. Keeping off the grass is the most sensible approach to that matter. So, if you're kicking up dust, then you've strayed too far off circuit, if you're not, you're fine.

However, with the exception of the already discussed yellow hatch markings, the white line rule applies everywhere else, critically for the series of bends immediately after the start/finish straight. This will take some concentration, and compromise over the amount of speed that is carried into them, but to allow slack at that point would lead to people flying all over the place, I feel.

Cheers, Zo.

...although I have heard rumour of a dark horse lurking in the shadows..

that'll be mountain monkey's friend then..
IMG_0802.JPG

It'll be brilliant if you can turn up for a spin.
OK, ta.
For your sign up records, I've got a few cars painted up looking rather fetching in Inferno Orange with Jaguar Racing Green wheels. Let's hope they get a run out at some point.

"Keeping off the grass, not kicking up dust and not flying all over the place"
Hang on that's my driving style ruined! :dopey:

By the way, I'm 29% through your novel (keep getting interrupted) and enjoying it so far. I like your writing style.
Apparently Zolnon32 holds the secret to all life in the universe. Who knew!

I think whitelines are in TrailMountain is many places weirdly placed and it would be hard to stay between lines. I would like to keep all the tarmac are track and kerbs are limit on the corners.

I think whitelines are in TrailMountain is many places weirdly placed and it would be hard to stay between lines. I would like to keep all the tarmac are track and kerbs are limit on the corners.

I'm happy to go with that 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Question is are everyone ok with exception our normal track limit rules as whiteline and now the tarmac/kerps are track limits?

I'm happy to go with that 👍

Cheers, Zo.

I assume it's meant that the tarmac is the racing surface, and the kerb/anything else(eg. concrete) is considered off the track. And that 2 wheels are to be kept on the racing surface (tarmac) at all times.

Just confirming that is the case. If that's so, then yes that's fine.

Just confirming that is the case. If that's so, then yes that's fine.

That's my interpretation of it Longbow.

Question is are everyone ok with exception our normal track limit rules as whiteline and now the tarmac/kerps are track limits?

Seems to me like everyone's on board Jammy. It's a perfectly reasonable approach to a track where the white line is a bit wonky.

Cheers, Zo.

Back