Racers Reunited. Supercar Handicap Championship, JAMMY IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 414 comments
That's the idea how to run on TrailMountain.
I assume it's meant that the tarmac is the racing surface, and the kerb/anything else(eg. concrete) is considered off the track. And that 2 wheels are to be kept on the racing surface (tarmac) at all times.

Just confirming that is the case. If that's so, then yes that's fine.

Well, what a freakin pity that was...

Longbow, fantastic pace!

Suts, I am SO sorry. I must be the Romain Grosjean of virtual racing. Three out of five races I've tangled with someone and got/given damage. I'm making it a rule not to do it again throughout the championship.

Jammy, I'm sorry for getting in your way so much, but what a brilliant race! My tyres were toast after I'd pitted at the end of lap 1. But it must have been very frustrating.

Gamer, sorry you didn't get more time to acclimatise to the circumstances, but I hope you'll join us again and give it another go.

Anyway, thanks to all who turned out, I thoroughly enjoyed it (even though I only got 7th or was it 8th?)

That reminds me, please let me know your finishing positions chaps. I've got LB in 1st, and BB in 2nd, but was it Jocke 3rd? etc

Cheers, Zo.

What a rubbish end to a brilliant race.:D:crazy:

Amazing battle with @richroo who kept me honest in his DB9 :bowdown:over many laps although I was in the Daytona. Sorry about the tap in the back early on Rich. I'm also sorry you pitted and didn't/couldn't rejoin?

I thought Jammy was going to catch me last lap but then the gremlins took over and seemed to end the race early for everyone behind me and then after I crossed finish line I was stuck on the results page and autopilot mode forever....

Congrats to longbowx and great podiums for Colin and Jocke. Harsk 4th and I was 5 th.
I think it was Jammy and then Zo. Apologies don't remember the rest of the positions.

Zo. No worries. It's racing. It was so close racing at that point we were all tagging each other.
My early pit seemed to help me anyway and I was quite pleased I finished 5th after being 10th after the tunnel!!
:cheers:

please let me know your finishing positions chaps
1. Longbow
2. buybon
3. Jocke
4. Harsk
5. suts
6. jammy
7. Zolon
8. Tom
9. Rich
10. gkgamer

stuck on the results page and autopilot mode forever.
Same here and I waited ~20 minutes or so just to see if I could get back to the main screen and fetch the replay. No such luck.
That was one of the loneliest races ever for me.

Well done podium finishers :cheers: Handycap seems to working....

I would have love to get the replay...fun race.
Well, what a freakin pity that was...

Actually it was fun. When you pass me first you were little faster but then I noticed that your tires were given up and I started to push harder for you. I waited few laps to see if you make any mistakes but you didn't and then I just have to make my passing moves everyplace I could. Hopefully I didn't make any bad moves and gave you damaged?
Jammy, I'm sorry for getting in your way so much, but what a brilliant race! My tyres were toast after I'd pitted at the end of lap 1. But it must have been very frustrating.

There was one incident with Tom (@mgo) when I tab your rear - it seems like lag because it was so sudden and I could void it. Did you get damaged Tom? I didn't get.

1. Longbow
2. buybon
3. Jocke
4. Harsk
5. suts
6. jammy
7. Zolon
8. Tom
9. Rich
10. gkgamer

Thanks Jocke. Sorry you had a lonely race. With hindsight, I should have made the races have fast depletion, with discretionary pit stops. That could have brought some action to the end of them as some struggled on with clapped out tyres and others were pitted more often, but drove flat out. One lives and one learns.

Sorry Zo, I was very tired yesterday and, as soon as I returned home, I fell to bed straight away.
Same here, was too tired to race yesterday. :indiff:

Never mind chaps. I was expecting you to run away with it John, and it would have been interesting to see you scrapping with Longbow. Maybe at Suzuka.

Actually it was fun. When you pass me first you were little faster but then I noticed that your tires were given up and I started to push harder for you. I waited few laps to see if you make any mistakes but you didn't and then I just have to make my passing moves everyplace I could. Hopefully I didn't make any bad moves and gave you damaged?

I didn't get any damage Jammy, it was as clean as it could be, and I loved it to the point where the damn thing wouldn't grip any more 👍

Results/standings updated fellas. Jammy's still got the lead, but Harsk is snapping at his heels. Unfortunately Aaroh's absence has dropped him off the pace in the championship, although he's now risen to the top of the handicap, with the Maserati his only choice. Jammy's back in the Boss, in which he got second at Brands, and BB still qualifies to use the mighty Viper, despite his valiant second last night; he's going to be one to watch in Japan.

Longbow is paying the price for his win, being pushed towards the top of the handicap, with the rapid motors out of reach, but Rich can now use the M4, and he's been very quick in that before now. By the way Rich, very impressive performance in the DB9 until it went wrong for whatever reason. I was really doing everything I could to catch you and getting nowhere. I don't think I'll get so close at Suzuka.

Cheers, Zo.

There was one incident with Tom (@mgo) when I tab your rear - it seems like lag because it was so sudden and I could void it. Did you get damaged Tom? I didn't get.
No @jammy21 :bowdown: it was me toking the curve bad and had to break more lol but I must say nice job with clumsy car like the Maserati
For Trial Mountain witch is not my favorite track I should have had more practice like I did for Brand :banghead:

That reminds me, please let me know your finishing positions chaps. I've got LB in 1st, and BB in 2nd, but was it Jocke 3rd? etc

Like above I was 8 in finish

Bugger, circumstances meant I missed all the action again! And I'd even got a bit of practice in. My orange Camaro had to stay in the garage once more, it's unfortunately becoming quite a low mileage model.

Nice one LbX and way to go BB and Jocke. The handicapping does seem to be taking affect now Zo.

Could not get near long bow pace, he cruised away, great drive and win. I had jocke behind for ages keeping me honest, had to get my head down and concentrate to pull a bit of a gap.

Managed to stay out of the walls until lap 17 where I picked up damage before the tunnel. Worked out not too bad as it was in the pit window.

Towards the end I was catching zolon so that gave me something to focus on.
Lonely race for me, but a lonely race to 2nd is better than a lonely race to last like brands.

Haven't tried the viper yet, shame I can't use the Ferrari again, it's clearly the best car.

Had great start and was doing well for a bit ,had to pit for damage early but then had a good scrap with suts doing my best to hold him off ..but then again made mistake and another pit stop , pushing to much was the mistake .
I should have put a bit more time in as it was very safe in the DB9 but see harsk do well in the C5 maybe i could have done better..:cheers:

My orange Camaro had to stay in the garage

Paul, if you can make it to Suzuka I'm sure the V12 will be much quicker than the Camaro 👍

Haven't tried the viper yet

I think you'll like it BB. It's got a thermonuclear devise under the bonnet :scared:

maybe i could have done better..:cheers:

I'm predicting great things from you in Japan Rich. But, then again, there are loads of people who I think will go well :nervous:

Cheers, Zo.

Since Grand Valley is the only track left where there isn't weather changeability, can I suggest trying out another track? Monza probably?

The wife is bleating about some meal or other on Tuesday night and mentioned a happy ending, whatever that means. Apparently I've not to even bother stopping at the garage for flowers which is a huge relief.

Anyway, I'll be absent on Tuesday. Food better be good, and she better remember her purse.

Aaargh! There I was, congratulating myself on fourth with the not-very-well-fancied 8C, when Harsk suddenly starts lapping like Fangio, I make a stupid mistake trying to hold him back for just one last lap, and I'm in seventh! Again, aaargh!

Having said that, I really enjoyed the battle with FangiHarsk, and I think he and Tom had a scrap for quite a while, from what I saw on the map.

Congratulations to Longbow
, beating Rich by 0.104sec, after seventy minutes of racing, to grab back to back wins, and become the first two-time winner in the Championship. And well done Rich for getting so close, just 84 thousandths in quali might have made all the difference!

Results/standings now updated fellas. So, it's on to Grand Valley to begin the second half of the Championship. With Jammy freed up from the Boss, will he be able to put more points between himself and Harsk? How will Longbow go in the Boss? Will Zolon make more stupid mistakes? Will C-John and/or Gamer turn up to take advantage of what, quite frankly, looks like an anomaly in the handicapping system, and blow us all away? Will BB get finished in time to join us next week? Who knows? There's only one way to find out....

See you there 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Back