Racing a 20,000,000cr car online for the first time...

United States
Fort Worth
That_sneaky_azN
Earlier today, I realized I had about 31,000,000+ cr in the bank, and decided to get myself a super expensive race car.

The 1966 XJ13, it's a beaut, so why not?

So after tuning it and personalizing it, I decided to take it to an open lobby (90 min. Twin Ring Motegi), and upon seeing the lobby roster, I thought I was a goner.

Everyone was in 1000+ HP, ~900kg LMP racing machines.

Me? A classic race car with ~800 HP and near 1000kg.

Usually, those two don't really mix...

So when the race started, I started in first place (because slowest first) and the moment the lights went green, someone (not saying names, that's not really nice) pulls right beside me and does the "classic" PIT maneuver.

Usually, I don't get mad in online races (or online gaming overall), but if you decide to be a complete jerk to me, or anyone else, especially when it's the start of the race...

Oooh, I'm mad.

"The crap, dude?" I calmly said to him. "That's a little too dirty."

Mind you, the lobby did say "CLEAN RACING".

The dude retorts, "Get that old Jag outta here, the lobby did say race cars you know."

Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66.

Wat.

Because of the insanely not-so-cool move that guy did, I'm at the back of the pack, in 11th place. After pulling out of the grass, I, obviously, began to catch up.

Seeing as how I was 20-or-so seconds behind 1st, I knew how this race was going to be a struggle for me.

As a few laps had passed by, I managed to snag a few positions cleanly past a few racers. By the time I managed to reach 6th place, I made the biggest mistake of the race to not check my tyre health (RS front, RH rear). Noticing that my fronts were 4 and 3, respectively, I began to struggle to gain control of the beautiful beast.

Reaching the pit, I went back to the bottom.

11th place.

Back to square 1.

Repeating the same tactic, this time, I managed to snag 4th place. By the time I turned around the first bend...

Gorilla%20Leaves.gif

THERE HE WAS.

THE DIRTY RACING SCUM.

I knew that I at least had to have a little respect to this guy, so I just began to overtake the man with no devious intentions (if this was a dirty racing lobby, he would be kissing the wall past the field of grass.) As I began to get alongside him, I saw the blind spot indicator arrow flash from grey, to yellow, to orange, to red, then BANG.

The guy once again tried to take me out!

He repeatedly kept on doing the same action throughout the whole straight, and I was like, "Crap what now" and noticing that the straight was about to end and seeing my suggested gear blinking the number "2" at me, I began to slow down (being an early braker) and he pulled ahead of me. Hearing the simple, snarky "Heh" from the guy, I just sighed and kept on pushing the Jag to it's limits.

Slipstreaming and attempting to overtake him again, I saw the BSIA flash to red again, only this time, I pulled an emergency stop and let him miss to see this as a result:

QDUwwahyT8OpfwxCMktS_Cat%20Runs%20Into%20Bakery%20Door.gif

Oh, the satisfying feel of seeing a failed attempt at sabotage.

With the threat fleeting away into the cloud of smoke, I moved on ahead at 3rd place.

Moving on.

There was now four minutes left on the timer, and I had to hurry. The moment it struck 16:00, complete downpour. everyone including me (but one) pit to change to HW tyres, fuel up and went along on their merry way.

The unfortune guy who didn't pit spun out all the way through.

Pulling along the road I saw the top two people racing it out, with me creeping up slowly behind them.

I looked again at the timer.

1.5 minutes.

I constantly went behind the two as I couldn't find a clear way to overtake them both. Thinking that I was applying pressure on them, I noticed one of them goof up and hit a patch of grass with one of their tyres, and spin out. That left me in 2nd with the other man in 1st.

"This is the final lap."

The final straightaway, the two of us in a straight line, with me gradually catching up with speeds of 330+ km/h. The final corner came in, and the moment the suggester gear flashed "2" at me, I delayed myself for a split second, then braked hard, passing the guy from the inside curve, claiming 1st place on the finish line.

The leader realized the car I had was the XJ13, and asked me how I got it.

"I brought it earlier today." I replied.

"Dang bro," one of the guys began, "how much did you pay for all those cards?"

"None." I began to reply, "I grinded hard for the 20 million."

The one guy who took me out earlier then said, "There's no way you can get that much money easily, brah. Like, you musta hacked or somethin', man."

What???

Before I can explain, black sceen.

"You have been kicked from the server."

So I checked that lobby.

Turns out, the dirty racer was the host.

Such irony.

But that kick was worth it, though.

This is why we can't have nice things online.

Also, I would have totally turned around after you spun out and started driving in reverse before crashing into the host.

I would've tapped his bumper going into a corner the second time he tried to wreck you.

It seems like hosts always drive harder than other players in clean lobbies, because why not? There needs to be a way to vote to kick players, including hosts.

Earlier today, I realized I had about 31,000,000+ cr in the bank, and decided to get myself a super expensive race car.

The 1966 XJ13, it's a beaut, so why not?

So after tuning it and personalizing it, I decided to take it to an open lobby (90 min. Twin Ring Motegi), and upon seeing the lobby roster, I thought I was a goner.

Everyone was in 1000+ HP, ~900kg LMP racing machines.

Me? A classic race car with ~800 HP and near 1000kg.

Usually, those two don't really mix...

So when the race started, I started in first place (because slowest first) and the moment the lights went green, someone (not saying names, that's not really nice) pulls right beside me and does the "classic" PIT maneuver.

Usually, I don't get mad in online races (or online gaming overall), but if you decide to be a complete jerk to me, or anyone else, especially when it's the start of the race...

Oooh, I'm mad.

"The crap, dude?" I calmly said to him. "That's a little too dirty."

Mind you, the lobby did say "CLEAN RACING".

The dude retorts, "Get that old Jag outta here, the lobby did say race cars you know."

Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66.

Wat.

Because of the insanely not-so-cool move that guy did, I'm at the back of the pack, in 11th place. After pulling out of the grass, I, obviously, began to catch up.

Seeing as how I was 20-or-so seconds behind 1st, I knew how this race was going to be a struggle for me.

As a few laps had passed by, I managed to snag a few positions cleanly past a few racers. By the time I managed to reach 6th place, I made the biggest mistake of the race to not check my tyre health (RS front, RH rear). Noticing that my fronts were 4 and 3, respectively, I began to struggle to gain control of the beautiful beast.

Reaching the pit, I went back to the bottom.

11th place.

Back to square 1.

Repeating the same tactic, this time, I managed to snag 4th place. By the time I turned around the first bend...

Gorilla%20Leaves.gif

THERE HE WAS.

THE DIRTY RACING SCUM.

I knew that I at least had to have a little respect to this guy, so I just began to overtake the man with no devious intentions (if this was a dirty racing lobby, he would be kissing the wall past the field of grass.) As I began to get alongside him, I saw the blind spot indicator arrow flash from grey, to yellow, to orange, to red, then BANG.

The guy once again tried to take me out!

He repeatedly kept on doing the same action throughout the whole straight, and I was like, "Crap what now" and noticing that the straight was about to end and seeing my suggested gear blinking the number "2" at me, I began to slow down (being an early braker) and he pulled ahead of me. Hearing the simple, snarky "Heh" from the guy, I just sighed and kept on pushing the Jag to it's limits.

Slipstreaming and attempting to overtake him again, I saw the BSIA flash to red again, only this time, I pulled an emergency stop and let him miss to see this as a result:

QDUwwahyT8OpfwxCMktS_Cat%20Runs%20Into%20Bakery%20Door.gif

Oh, the satisfying feel of seeing a failed attempt at sabotage.

With the threat fleeting away into the cloud of smoke, I moved on ahead at 3rd place.

Moving on.

There was now four minutes left on the timer, and I had to hurry. The moment it struck 16:00, complete downpour. everyone including me (but one) pit to change to HW tyres, fuel up and went along on their merry way.

The unfortune guy who didn't pit spun out all the way through.

Pulling along the road I saw the top two people racing it out, with me creeping up slowly behind them.

I looked again at the timer.

1.5 minutes.

I constantly went behind the two as I couldn't find a clear way to overtake them both. Thinking that I was applying pressure on them, I noticed one of them goof up and hit a patch of grass with one of their tyres, and spin out. That left me in 2nd with the other man in 1st.

"This is the final lap."

The final straightaway, the two of us in a straight line, with me gradually catching up with speeds of 330+ km/h. The final corner came in, and the moment the suggester gear flashed "2" at me, I delayed myself for a split second, then braked hard, passing the guy from the inside curve, claiming 1st place on the finish line.

The leader realized the car I had was the XJ13, and asked me how I got it.

"I brought it earlier today." I replied.

"Dang bro," one of the guys began, "how much did you pay for all those cards?"

"None." I began to reply, "I grinded hard for the 20 million."

The one guy who took me out earlier then said, "There's no way you can get that much money easily, brah. Like, you musta hacked or somethin', man."

What???

Before I can explain, black sceen.

"You have been kicked from the server."

So I checked that lobby.

Turns out, the dirty racer was the host.

Such irony.

But that kick was worth it, though.

That is a great report! I was on the edge of my seat nearly spilling my coffee!

If you want to use the 20m credit cars we are racing the Jaguar XJ13, Ferrari 330 P4 and Ford MK4 (untuned) in our next race series which starts with a test day on 7th September (with a clean and welcoming host!).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ng-7th-september-2014-novices-welcome.311494/

Back