Racing Car Drift Trial: Cape Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Racing Car Drift Trial: Cape Ring

04-jpg.266959

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 04/12/2014 – 25/12/2014 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 04/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Categories: Racing Car

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 130,000
Silver: Cr. 85,000
Bronze: Cr. 39,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT FLUORESCENCE 007-W paint chip

Target Score:
Gold: 5,800
Silver: 4,300
Bronze: 3,000

TC, ASM & SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Cape Ring
Track Length: 4.39 miles / 7065 m
Time of day: *
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Did it first with BMW vision, gold after lots of restarts.
Did it again with a Toyota 86 "racing" '13 at 486pp based on a tune from @shaunm80 and easy gold.( 2 restarts)

Used the same 86 racing as well, took me 5x or so, I suck at drifting, this car is easy to control once I actually to get it to start drifting though
I'm also not perfect with drifiting, but i manage to get the gold these last months.

With the settings from @shaunm80 for the toyota:
When you going to brake for the corner? start turning while you still brake a bit and then Power the gas.
When i brake and start the turn, the car starts the slide/drift and i take over with the gas.
But don't brake too late....hahaha, that's why i always restart, i miss the drift line.

Yeah, I try to point the car towards the inner cone where the drift scoring starts and power the gas.
But sometimes I miss by a fraction of a second or got there too early and either lose the momentum or just went off road :P
Still need a lot of practice :)

Hi

I'm not doing very well with this one. I have reached about 5600 but I'm not consistant enough to crack it (5600 is rare), even in different cars. If all my best sections were joined up I'd be way over the 5800. I hope I can get the colour on a different challange another day.

Paul

Back