Racing engineer Gearing?

Im on my first race in Indy Car career mode(PS4). So i take my first practice lap on Daytona oval and max out at 170MPH. I went to the race engineer to increase my max speed and I'm a bit confused. The two options are 1. I can't hit my top speed 2. I accelerate slow. Neither one of these things will help me increase my top speed as far as I can tell. I know that some things can be changed in the downforce setting and I have decreased the downforce significantly. Can someone explain to me how to get more top end speed please. Seems like I should be able to go quite a bit faster before topping out. I know there are some bugs in the setups and there is no preset setups as far as I can tell. it tells me my current setup is for rally car.

Thanks

If you want to manually adjust the gear ratios in the transmission yourself, the simplest way to increase your top speed is to decrease the Final Drive ratio. The increase in top speed will come at the cost of slower acceleration.

Question though, when you say you are maxing out at 170, by maxing out, do you mean your bouncing off the rev limiter in top gear? Or are you in top gear and the engine is kind of bogging down?

I was hitting the rev limiter from what i recall. The weird thing is when i turned the PS4 back on and restarted practice i was hitting 223.

Thanks for the advice on the adjustments.

Back