Racing Etiquette/Penalties

United States
Claremont
BeagleShmeegal
The racing etiquette and penalties in sport mode, in my opinion, are spot on. I wasn’t sure how it would be handled, but I have to say that this is the best implementation of a penalty system that I’ve seen in a game. I wasn’t sure about GT: Sport when I got it, but having experienced the online racing and having compared it to other titles, I think this is the best GT yet. Opinions?

The racing etiquette and penalties in sport mode, in my opinion, are spot on. I wasn’t sure how it would be handled, but I have to say that this is the best implementation of a penalty system that I’ve seen in a game. I wasn’t sure about GT: Sport when I got it, but having experienced the online racing and having compared it to other titles, I think this is the best GT yet. Opinions?
I don't personally agree at all.

Its basic at best and quite easily gamed if someone wants to.

I can think of at least two titles that manage it far better than GTS does.

That said, its at least better than nothing.

New here, l got penalized several times when someone rear ended me coming into a corner and pushed off the track. Not fair. Also, in warmup before the race, are penalties given? I started a race and had a 10 second penalty by the first corner with no contact, but I had a wreck in warm up. Making me leary of driving to win, now I'm driving to keep my ratings up barely hovering around b-.

When racing with folks in the lower ranks, it's quite a challenge to overtake even when you have the pace and are faster than the because it seems like the the term racing etiquettes does not exist for some. Instead of letting you pass for being faster, they block, and pushed you of tracks....that's happened to me multiple times within 3 different races.

I like the way they implemented the penalty system. At the same time I wish people wouldn't get penalized for someone else hitting them from behind. It's bad enough that you lose control of the car and have to recover and then you get hit with a 10sec penalty when it wasn't even your fault

Back