Racing hard tires???

  • Thread starter Thread starter mjm23race
  • 9 comments
  • 1,259 views
Messages
728
United States
WI
Messages
mjm23race
Ok I'm a little late to the party as I didn't get gt6 right away. I am on international B, GT all star championship. I just got an Audi r8 team oreca and was excited to try it out. It came with racing hard tires and the GT all star championship is the first time I've tried racing hards. Holy crap they feel like drift racing tires. Is that how they are supposed to be, or am I that bad of a driver? Do they get better at temperature?
 
Ok I'm a little late to the party as I didn't get gt6 right away. I am on international B, GT all star championship. I just got an Audi r8 team oreca and was excited to try it out. It came with racing hard tires and the GT all star championship is the first time I've tried racing hards. Holy crap they feel like drift racing tires. Is that how they are supposed to be, or am I that bad of a driver? Do they get better at temperature?

Try a different car on Racing Hards before you conclude anything about the tyres.

That car doesn't handle as well as it should.
 
I ended up trying some confit sifts on the same car and it was way better. Still didn't handle great but at least it was predictable and drive able.
 
Yeah I felt like I was sliding all over with those tires. Took some getting used to.
 
You have to push the tyres harder than you think to get them to work properly. I used to run SS rather than RH until I learned how to use them.
 
You have to push the tyres harder than you think to get them to work properly. I used to run SS rather than RH until I learned how to use them.

Cool, I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks.
 
I can't say I can see what you mean.

Some of my 600pp+ cars are a serious handful on SS, but stick some RH tyres on, and it transforms the car into a seriously capable machine.

But..

I can understand your point, as I do slide around on RH, but in a fast touge type slide, rather than big angle.

I love sliding around on RH in race cars, in full attack mode. They have enough grip to lean on them with confidence, but also just enough slip to keep things interesting, and allow controlled trail braking and powerslide exits. Hilarious fun!
 
I can't say I can see what you mean.

Some of my 600pp+ cars are a serious handful on SS, but stick some RH tyres on, and it transforms the car into a seriously capable machine.

But..

I can understand your point, as I do slide around on RH, but in a fast touge type slide, rather than big angle.

I love sliding around on RH in race cars, in full attack mode. They have enough grip to lean on them with confidence, but also just enough slip to keep things interesting, and allow controlled trail braking and powerslide exits. Hilarious fun!

Yep, I'm learning.
 
They can be a little tricky when they're cold, they take about half to 3/4s of a lap to warm up properly depending on how aggressively/smoothly you drive. Keep it smooth and careful until you start feeling the extra grip build up, if you try and push too soon you will end up in the gravel. Once the tires start working they will give you more than enough grip on all but the most powerful cars.
 
I've never had any issues with RH tires as I they are my default for race cars. Mediums are reserved for prototypes.
 
Back