Racing Modifications:GT2 VS Real life

• Thread starter ferrari gt
  • 23 comments
141ocgh.jpg

29mx8cy.jpg

Love that livery! So 90's :cool:

A lot of the cars of the 1998 BTCC season, when the Super Touring category was at its peak, were available through race mods: the Renault Laguna, Honda Accord, Audi A4, Nissan Primera, Peugeot 406, Vauxhall Vectra and Ford Mondeo could all be converted into BTCC replicas if I remember rightly. In fact, the only car from the '98 season not in the game was the Volvo S40.

Last edited:
A lot of the cars of the 1998 BTCC season, when the Super Touring category was at its peak, were available through race mods: the Renault Laguna, Honda Accord, Audi A4, Nissan Primera, Peugeot 406, Vauxhall Vectra and Ford Mondeo could all be converted into BTCC replicas if I remember rightly. In fact, the only car from the '98 season not in the game was the Volvo S40.

I think the racing mod of the Nissan Stagea 260rs looked a but like what the volvo would have been, unless I am thinking of a different year.

Nissan Primera '98
Gran_Turismo_2_GT2_Super_Touring_Car_Trophy_Rome_Circuit_Full_Course.jpg

nissan-primera-20-gt-uk-05.jpg

Subtle difference but your photo is the 1999 Nissan. This is the 1998 Nissan:

bt_98_reid.jpg

Same general theme, obviously, but the minor sponsors are different in places or some of the sponsors are the same but with slightly different logos in the two years. Most noticable is Clairon on the 1999 car's splitter but Autocar on the 1998's and the spray of red/blue underneath the headlights is different.

BTCC pedant, am I.

Can't most of the sedans be racing modded to resemble their real life touring car counterparts? I think the '96 Accord could.

I can't get a picture of the car in GT2, but the RM for the Lancia Stratos is one of the real rally cars.
1024px-Lancia_Stratos_HF_02.jpg

The racing body for the Nismo GT-R LM (its own car in the first game) is also historically accurate. In the first game, the road version of that car got its own racing body, with color schemes that match that of the Kure and Zexel R33 GT race cars that are in the second game.

I have a bunch of pictures of Gran Turismo 4 Cars that are made from developers but that's also appear in Real Life! Can I post them here or should I find another thread?

@Vasil Gruev
This and the thread i linked are for GT2 so both would be the wrong place. I don't know of a similar thread in the GT4 subforum, but i guess you can start a new thread there. People will redirect you if there's an existing one.

Back