Racing Mods (For you old school people)

• Thread starter JHOVA1029
  • 13 comments
Well, I dont know about you guys but I really miss those racing mods from GT1 and GT2. To me they gave me the chance to make my own car and make it perform like a $1,000,000 dollar car. I loved my cars, I would save my game files take it over to my boys files and we would try out cars out and just waste days lapping and tuning.(Not to mention cussing when we under did the downforce on an important race)Do you think they will make a return? I think it would be better than ever now. With the new GFX engine and sound. And with GT4 being an online game they could use the HDD to create the mods on the net and you could buy them and install(download)them to your cars. Plus it would add some indivituality to the game. People with difernt parts on their car. I realize that they were not in GT3 because of the time it took to model the cars. But now they do not *have* to fit this into the development timetable. They can release the mods for the cars when they see fit. Mabey like a small pack for each manufacturer every 2 or 3 months. Just a thought. What do you guys think. :odd:

_that was a long first post...

Hey Jhova,

Ya, that was a fairly long first post. :lol: Welcome to GTP though.

I think pretty much everyone misses the Racing Modifications. There's been a few posts about this already - or atleast "What do you want in GT4". There is also a interview posted somewhere... lemme hunt it down: http://forums.gtplanet.net/showthread.php?postid=163706#post163706

That interview with (I've already forgotten his name - the PD bigwig) indicates that the ability to testdrive and/or purchase cars on line should be included. (If I rememeber correctly). So,I think your plan may come to fruitition.

But there should be more options. Some of which would be:
Which sponsors you want on the car
What brand of parts you want to use(that could also be included with the sponsor)
and the ability to change your racing mod to a different racing mod once you've actually purchased it and put it on your car.

i like these ideas. when playing GT2 i always looked forward to applying racing schemes to my cars. it was like a little box of presents every time. I hope they bring it back.

hey 1029, i also like the ideas from GT1 and GT2, personally they should have a separate shop for respraying and to put stickers ,decals and bodykits etc. just like alloy shop in GT3

maybe then just different paint jobs and body kits, eg:veilside, trust... and like the dude said before options of parts manufactuers like apexi turbos as opposed to trust or HKS turbos, then those could be the vairying decals on the car...
YES NO???

I would love to race mod my RUF RGT, and the handling Oh Sweet Mama!! just getting turned on thinking about it :D give it a bit of porsche cup look to it :D :D

Racing modifications (especially in GT1) were great since you could build a top-class racecar from a stock Supra, NSX or RX-7 for example. That also brought more depth in the game. So bring em' back! :)

Back