Racing Movies

  • Thread starter Thread starter trombone
  • 26 comments
  • 2,207 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
214
United States
Oregon
Messages
RenegadeRhythm
I just received the 1971 film "Le Mans" from Netflix and am going to watch it this weekend. :drool:
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other great racing movies (that aren't "The Fast and the Furious").
I'm looking forward to catching up on some racing classics:D.
 
Grand Prix? Days Of Thunder?
 
Don't watch Le Mans. Just listen to it.
 
And What Does This Have To Do With Gt5?
 
IceMan PJN
Grand Prix - 1966

It needs to be moved.

Yes, this needs to be moved.
 
As people have said Grand Prix is a good film to watch. Days of Thunder is quite good as well (or if your up for some crude laughs watch Talledega Nights). It's not really racing but Gone in 60 Seconds is a good car film (I'm on about the one with Nicholas Cage in as I haven't seen the original).

And of course you cannot forget SENNA.
 
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Sorry if this was in the wrong spot. I wanted a quick reply and the GT5 area has a lot of people who care about cars and such in it. 👍
 
Watch Senna .
 
Last edited:
Gumball 3000 :)
 
I've seen the original Gone in 60 seconds movie.Its one of my favorites:tup:The star did all his own stunt driving.Also like Bullet:)
 
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby XD
 
Gone in 60 seconds,Talladega nights,Senna,
 
Okay, the Nick Cage Gone in 60 Seconds was a horrible, horrible re-make. Watch the original for a good car chase movie (they use the same Mustang for the entire chase... by the end it's incredible the thing can still move). In the same 70's car movie category are:
- Two-Lane Blacktop
- Gumball Rally
- Bullit (just for the car chase... the movie itself is kinda meh)
- Vanishing Point
- Ronin has some great car scenes


As for what this has to do with GT5? Cars, I guess.
 
What Bryce said 👍 You should also take a look at the French film 'Taxi' and the original 'Italian Job'
 
Awesome movie! Anyone seen "Death Race 2000" ? Another awesome film.
 
Not really a "Car" movie so to say, but a semi truck movie

Smokey and the Bandit

1977 Pontiac Trans-Am
1977 Kenworth W900a

:drool::sly:
 
Love the beast. Not so much about racing than it is about a passionate live for cars.
 
Ronin and The Bourne Identity have two of the best car chase scenes I've ever seen in a movie.
 
I wanted a quick reply and the GT5 area has a lot of people who care about cars and such in it. 👍
That's not the way it works. Thread moved.
 
fld200
Not really a "Car" movie so to say, but a semi truck movie

Smokey and the Bandit

1977 Pontiac Trans-Am
1977 Kenworth W900a

:drool::sly:

One of my favorites.
If you're into the documentary type movies, check out Truth in 24. It's free on iTunes.
 
and the original 'Italian Job'

One of my favorite all time movies.👍

As others have said Ronin has some great car chases in it.
 
We already have a thread for this here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back