Racing Prodigy Launches Gamer-to-Racer League, Starts June 19

• Thread starter Famine
  • 3 comments
So, I take it GT7 may be one of the future participating Games & Partners. If all we need are a console(Racing Prodigy CEO Cook comments: “At Racing Prodigy, we are lowering the financial barriers to enter motorsports to the same level of traditional sports. Gamers just need a console, mobile device, or PC with a wheel and pedals to participate in esports tournaments, which is how we open the sport we love from the few to the many.”), that is.
IMG_2333.jpeg

I'm really excited to be part of the team working on this to bring an awesome opportunity to all the sim racers out there! Having gone through the GT Academy program myself and seeing things firsthand, it provided a dream come true for me and others, but ultimately the program was unfortunately unable to continue. Even with multiple years of racing under my belt, I realized how incredibly difficult it was to continue racing, talking to every team on the grid, hundreds of sponsor conversations to try and pull enough sponsorship money together to pay for a seat, but was never able to put together the whole package and get back in a racecar at a professional level. Eventually, I put real racing on the back burner to focus on other avenues in life.

Racing Prodigy holds a special place in my heart (and our team) as we truly want to offer opportunities to those who would not normally have it, just like myself back in 2013. Our goal is to create a ladder system, like that of major league ball sports, to grow many racers into a real racing opportunity within a sustainable motorsport ecosystem that is more than just one sim racer getting one year in a racecar.

We are definitely in our infancy, but have a lot planned in the upcoming months as things progress and tournaments kickoff. So keep an eye out and feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions!

Back