Racing Schumacher's Granny!

Hi all

I had looked forward to the F1 Championship in Extreme for ages!! As I strapped myself in (mmmm ok, I sat in my leather IKEA chair and picked up my dual shock joypad), sweaty palms, I got a call on the driver's radio:

"Michael and Ralf can't make it!! So their granny, Grunhilde (dunno if this is actually German, sounds amusing to me though hehe), and her mates from the Knitting Club down the road have agreed to take part"

Little did I know how 'kin useless they were gonna be... (which is a pity).

Car Set Up:
Gear setting 16, damper (bounce side) 4. Don't know why I changed the damper, just seemed like a good idea at the time hehe.

Starting a Race:
Those races that have a stationary start: just leave the engine idling, then whack on the accelerator 100% when START comes up (got this from a post by Msako... thx geezer).

Qualification:
I got pole for every race. Why? Just wanted to!! (Well except the 'ring... just too hard 4 me).

Pit Strategy:
Pit for tyres when needed, only refuel when I know I cant get to next pit without it.

"a" or "b" Spec:
I had wanted to "a" spec the lot... but, after race 9, I was getting very bored (15 very long races against crap opposition gets quite tedious). I got 60 "a" spec pts per race I won. I "b" spec'd races 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15.

Race 1 (Tokyo):
Easy, I like Tokyo!! I didnt make any notes.
fastest lap: 1'16.098
total race time: 1:22'00.817
lead over 2nd: 1.75 laps

Race 2 (Twin Ring Motegi, Super Speedway):
127 laps of going round... and round... and round!! I always wondered why NASCAR is so popular in the US... still wondering why LOL (oh gawd, no flames pls!).
fastest lap: 26.534
total race time: 1:03'23.851
lead over 2nd: 2.5 laps

Race 3 (New York):
City circuits are always super easy. Nothing much to say, its just easy.
fastest lap: 1'15.203
total race time: 1:38'55.164
lead over 2nd: 3.25 laps

Race 4 (High Speed Ring):
Well I knew this track was gonna be a piece of p*ss, and I wasnt proved wrong. But the pitting?? I went thru the coned area to pit, and couldnt!! I realised next lap where I should have driven LOL.
fastest lap: 51.398
total race time: I paused the game at the end and lost my total time SIGH
lead over 2nd: 7 laps

Race 5 (Grand Valley Speedway):
Very windy circuit (no, I dont mean gales etc hehe). Was trying to pit every 8 (as the CPU's did), but my tyres just wouldnt run that long, so did 7's. Mmmm hit the gravel trap twice on turn 1 (blue tyres) during early part of the race.
fastest lap: 1'27.723
total race time: 1:38'22.920
lead over 2nd: 3 laps

Race 6 (Le Sarthe 1):
I havent been round here very much, but not a hard track. CPU's pitted at 3, I was gonna pit at 4 but I missed the pit entrance hehe. Pitted at 5 (right rear was slightly red). Gawd, 1st time I've ever pitted here... must take it much slower next time hehe!! I cant see how I can lose, but I will bring my bucket and spade next time (blue tyre problem again LOL).
fastest lap: 3'13.663
total race time: 1:18'19.366
lead over 2nd: 2'45

Race 7 (Cote d'Azur):
I had to pit every 7, but the CPU's pitted every 9! (not sure if it wasnt actually 8, might have written that down wrong). I dont understand how they stay out so long! The last 15 laps werent good for me... I had a kip b4 doing them, then couldnt get back in the groove. I did 8 laps after the final pit, boy I had no grip on the rears on the last lap.
fastest lap: 1'18.193
total race time: 1:49'03.460
lead over 2nd: 1.5 laps

Race 8 (Seoul):
Easy little race, this one. Pitted at 16, same for CPU's. Did one 17 lap and pit. I didnt do as well as I could have, I had other things going on while tring to finish it. Hitting walls whilst overtaking didnt help!
fastest lap: 43.143
total race time: 1:27'29.617
lead over 2nd: 6.5 laps

Race 9 (Infineon):
Important to get thru the 1st right turn cleanly at the start, otherwise you are likely to get shunted off the track. Both me and the CPU's pitted at 8. I managed to go "cross country" a few times, but I cant lose this race if I try! I love going across the grass... sounds like a fly u've trapped under a glass COMICAL!! Getting bored of this championship now, would love to go and do something else!
fastest lap: 1'11.646
total race time: 1:38'39.459
lead over 2nd: nearly 3 laps

Race 10 (Laguna Seca):
I just couldnt be bothered to do this race, so I "b" specd it. Bad move... I have a new girlfriend, so "b" spec is now called Diane!! Good grief, Diane is worse than the grannies here. She came last (too many sandy corners, kept going off).
LAST

Race 11 (Twin Ring Motegi, Road Course):
Let Diane race here too. I handled the 1st pit, which was at 7. CPU's pitted at 8. I let Diane pit when she wanted to after that! And she won too!
1st

Race 12 ('Ring):
I did a few laps here myself, but I was so useless! Anyone know a cheat code to make the road twice as wide?? I reset my PS2 and restarted with Diane. Set the pace at 4, but all her tyres were red after 1.5 laps, so changed to 3. Pit every 2 laps. Well, Diane did way better than I could ever do (she'll get a big wet kiss
later... even though she wont understand why!!).
3rd

Race 13 (El Capitan):
I've done 5 El Cap 200 miles, 3 of which were "a" spec... so i'll def "a" spec this race. So, of course, even though I know this track very well, I managed to spin out a few times LOL (the F1 is a bit quicker than the Suzuki gsx r/4 I have used b4 hehe). Did a good impersonation of chitty chitty bang bang at one point! Pitted at 7, same for the CPU's. Did one 8 lapper.
fastest lap: 1'18.873
total race time: 1:32'50.003
lead over 2nd: 2.5 laps

Race 14 (Fuji 2005):
Oh gawd, I hate this track... far too many white lines (gives me a headache). Well, I'm 54 pts ahead in the Championship, so I'll let Diane have a go hehe! "b" spec pace setting 3 (changed to 4 so I could get a bit of a lead). Everyone pits at 9. Set at pace 3 again, but 2nd place caught up a bit, so put back to 4. She won by about 50 secs.
1st

Race 15 (Suzuka):
Even on qualifying I buggered this up loadsa times... I kept going too fast into 2 particular corners and coming a cropper. I def wished I'd brought my bucket and spade for this track HAHA! Got pole on 3rd try <phew>. Then Diane said she could race better than me, so I let her!! Pace setting 4. The end is near for this marathon... thank the Lord!! I've been doing this series for a few days now, and I'm totally sick of it!! Everyone pits at 7. I noticed Diane came off at the last corner near the final straight most laps, but esp badly when tyres were red. She won by just 20 secs!
1st

Final Points Standing:
1st (me and Diane): 134
2nd: 67

I got 100k credits per race won, and 3 million at the end, the prize car is the Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89 ... WOOHOO!!

I only got 13 additional pts on my "b" spec rating after the 3 Diane won in this series!!

Will I ever do this series again? Absolutley not!!! Mmmm well I might have to redo when I start GT4 again... ho hum... will prob "b" spec the lot haha.

Gord

Back