Racing Series Idea

  • Thread starter Thread starter twodogsgolden
  • 14 comments
  • 674 views
Messages
355
United States
Midwest USA
Messages
twodogsgolden
Sorry wasn't sure where to post this as it isn't an actual league. Please let me know if I have it in the wrong section.

Basically here's how it would work.

It would be a multi-race series running on a points system to determine champion at the end, nothing new.

You would have three skill groups at let's say 500pp.

-Beginner
-Intermediate
-Expert

Now here is where it gets interesting, try outs would be held by a series admin, there would be one for each skill level. You would get 7 laps, you would submit your tune, admin would look at it, then admit would watch you take 7 laps. Basically to make sure you wouldn't be holding back just to kick ass on a lower level.

Let's say you were on brands hatch the GP track.

1:30-1:35 would be expert
1:35-1:40 would be Intermediate
1:40-1:45 would be beginner

Hoping to make more competitive racing leagues.

There is obviously some issues that would have to be worked out, I just want ideas and suggestions really.
 
If you wanted some ideas, or some people to help you out, you could post your idea in the FGTA thread:tup:

Completely up to you though:tup:
 
Dammit should of done that. lol sorry
 
It's fine. You don't have to if you don't want to get involved, but what @P1K3Y_M1k3Y is aiming for, is to have the FGTA be the FiA of GT6. They would help you run/organize your race.
 
Oh Gotcha, I'm more looking for feedback before trying to organize it. I would need to find admins first as well.
 
It's basically the whole WRS idea of blind qualifying, obtaining a license and then sorted according to your license/skill level. It's a good idea, just be aware it's a huge time investment on the organizers part and you're basically duplicating what's already done and done very well. I'd stick to spec cars for the time trial though, to separate out tuning skill from driving skill, and make sure it's blind, meaning no one knows what anyone else's results are when obtaining their license, just like in the WRS, to prevent sandbagging among other things.
 
It's basically the whole WRS idea of blind qualifying, obtaining a license and then sorted according to your license/skill level. It's a good idea, just be aware it's a huge time investment on the organizers part and you're basically duplicating what's already done and done very well. I'd stick to spec cars for the time trial though, to separate out tuning skill from driving skill, and make sure it's blind, meaning no one knows what anyone else's results are when obtaining their license, just like in the WRS, to prevent sandbagging among other things.
This has been done? I had not realized.
 
I'd like to see a GTP unified driver rank.
 
I'd like to see a GTP unified driver rank.
Agreed.

It's hard to join a racing series as I haven't had much practice racing or tuning, it's no fun getting in the back of the pack every time haha.
 
...in the back of the pack.

Don't worry, just like all of us, well, almost all of us. I'm a intermediate driver here and back of pack there.
Where I'm always behind I try to use it as learning tool. Try some leagues. You'll like, it is not that bad and believe me, it pay off.
 
Agreed.

It's hard to join a racing series as I haven't had much practice racing or tuning, it's no fun getting in the back of the pack every time haha.

We are currently starting a GT3 series and have a pre-season race this sunday without points to get to know each other. Maybe you would be interested in trying out the pre-season race at least?
 
Agreed.

It's hard to join a racing series as I haven't had much practice racing or tuning, it's no fun getting in the back of the pack every time haha.
The WRS Qualifier is with un-tuned 'Arcade Mode' cars and many of our events are also tuning-prohibited. You should give it a closer look.
 
The WRS Qualifier is with un-tuned 'Arcade Mode' cars and many of our events are also tuning-prohibited. You should give it a closer look.
will do thank you
 
Back