Racing Set-Ups for classic cars

Austria
Austria
Hi,

does anybody know where to find authentic tuning set-ups for classic cars or, if not that, a page or something where one could find the specs of classic race cars (detailed specs like weight distribution, gear ratios and all of that)?

I’m looking specifically right now after tunes for:

Nissan 240ZG GTS-II
Chevrolet Corvette C3 Greenwood
Toyota-Shelby 2000 GT

I don’t know if I’m searching wrong, but I haven’t found anything about their specs except the usual stats.

I appreciate any kind of help!

Hi,

does anybody know where to find authentic tuning set-ups for classic cars or, if not that, a page or something where one could find the specs of classic race cars (detailed specs like weight distribution, gear ratios and all of that)?

I’m looking specifically right now after tunes for:

Nissan 240ZG GTS-II
Chevrolet Corvette C3 Greenwood
Toyota-Shelby 2000 GT

I don’t know if I’m searching wrong, but I haven’t found anything about their specs except the usual stats.

I appreciate any kind of help!
I think you'd struggle to find what the cars were running setup/spec wise if you're looking for anything thats what they would of run IRL back in their heyday,

but a trick with some of these older cars in GT7 to improve braking stability is to raise the front suspension and stiffen up the front shocks(damping and frequency) however this along with appropriate changes to the other elements of the tuning sheet would be needed.

For mostly US cars I have this. Transmissions and final drives.
20230413_120154.jpg
20230413_120204.jpg
20230413_120210.jpg
20230413_120225.jpg
20230413_120237.jpg
20230413_120254.jpg
20230413_120343.jpg
20230413_120352.jpg
20230413_120451.jpg

I think you'd struggle to find what the cars were running setup/spec wise if you're looking for anything thats what they would of run IRL back in their heyday,

but a trick with some of these older cars in GT7 to improve braking stability is to raise the front suspension and stiffen up the front shocks(damping and frequency) however this along with appropriate changes to the other elements of the tuning sheet would be needed.
Yeah that’s exactly what I’m struggling with, I thought it wouldn’t be a big problem, but I was wrong😬
I found some on tech-racingcars.com, the one for the Citroën DS Rally for example (3-Door version), but there’s a lot missing unfortunately.

But yeah that’s a good advise, I will try that if I can’t find anything on the net, i think that would be the closest I could get to the real-life versions👍

Wow that’s crazy (in a good way😀), are you a professional racer?
Where did you get all this data from?
Health and financial reasons have kept me from any kind of pro racing. I was raised by a drag racing father however and, teething on Hotwheels. From there it has been street rods, radio controlled, small bit of Karting, and, Gran Turismo. However, for more on that my YouTube goes into a deeper detail.

The information for the Tremec transmissions is from their website. Most can be purchased from them irl. Google and forums make up the bulk of the rest. Than put on a Word document and printed out. Some of the hand written stuff is things like the 70s "Hone-a-drive". An aftermarket bolt on overdrive unit that was mostly "universal" Anything labeled "Black Cherry" was the 70 SS 454 Chevelle.
I never could find a good source for transaxle gearing. Only ever each gear set but no what they where in. I believe the individual gears sets I posted are for Lanco transmissions. Keep in mind, I gathered the information back in the GT5 days. I did tech for "Old Fogies" working a BOP for the muscle cars.

I will see if I can find and update more as time allows.

Long story short, lots of internet digging.

Back