Racing suits changing color?

  • Thread starter Thread starter White & Nerdy
  • 20 comments
  • 3,271 views
Messages
4,198
United States
Wasilla, AK
I've heard of people's suits changing color after the update. As I recall, the one who was affected by this had green on black but now has green on blue.

Is this widespread or is it just him? I want to know if my carefully chosen red on white is safe.
 
Yeah, my racing suit was the green / charcoal and I now have blue sleeves. Sucks because it looks really bad with the green gloves. :-(
 
yea my green on black was green on blue, not that i really care.
 
so im not the only one? :P at least i know its not some sort of weird glitch now. Or at least something to worry about.
 
You may be able to change it back. I noticed this trick a while back, before the 1.06 update. After noticing it, I was able to repeat the suit color change at will.

1 - backup game to other storage
2 - delete game save on PS3 from XMB
3 - start GT5, creating a new game file, and select your desired suit color
4 - exit GT5
5 - copy original game save over the new game file

This destroyed my car cache though and a I had to regenerate a *lot* of the thumbnails in the garage. I have not tried it after the 1.06 update.
 
Ya it sucks... i didnt notice till i was riding my go cart... i painted my go cart to match my green and black then after update it turns to blue lol
 
Yep, same here. Black and Green suit is now Blue and Green. :yuck:
 
Last edited:
SAME! I mine was green helmet and gloves with black suit

now green gloves and helmet with blue suit?!
 
Thank god I still have my Green Black, would like to change it though. Can anyone confirm if the trick that codymac showed works?
 
GOD DAMMIT, I am so tired of this issue - my driver looks like a freakin' clown!! Are there ANY confirmed solutions?! It looks as if PD doesnt even acknnowledge the problem!
 
Who gives a flying rats a$$. Surely to god you have something else to whine about than this. Color of a racing suit? Give me a break.
 
Who gives a flying rats a$$. Surely to god you have something else to whine about than this. Color of a racing suit? Give me a break.

:lol::lol::lol:
 
I did got a black yellow now its gold/yellow
 
GOD DAMMIT, I am so tired of this issue - my driver looks like a freakin' clown!! Are there ANY confirmed solutions?! It looks as if PD doesnt even acknnowledge the problem!

I'm sure I read that driver suit changes will be in the next update... there's a Japanese user who translates KY's twoddle feed.
 
Last edited:
Black suit with Green gloves, shoes, and helmet turned to a Blue suit.:yuck: I don't even like the new suit! Not me at all!:yuck:

Good thing it's a really small thing.
 
Found it. The user who most often translates KY's tweets (that I've seen) is SHIRAKAWA Akuri, however he wasn't the one who posted the following app pic, it was DaveTheStalker.

6b012181.jpg


It's buried on page 96 of the 'Kazunori Yamauchi Tweets!' thread.
 
Happend to me too. It doesnt bother me much, just looks bad.
 
You may be able to change it back. I noticed this trick a while back, before the 1.06 update. After noticing it, I was able to repeat the suit color change at will.

1 - backup game to other storage
2 - delete game save on PS3 from XMB
3 - start GT5, creating a new game file, and select your desired suit color
4 - exit GT5
5 - copy original game save over the new game file

This destroyed my car cache though and a I had to regenerate a *lot* of the thumbnails in the garage. I have not tried it after the 1.06 update.


It still works. I did it post-1.07.
 
Back