Racing Themed Mid Range PC / Simvibe & General Gaming

• Thread starter Mr Latte
  • 61 comments
Recent Upgrades:
Second Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD added. While not the PRO model, damn these are really fast drives. I did find that a single 250GB is easily filled with the OS and a few game downloads. Would recommend to anyone building a system to go for min 500GB as a system drive.

After months of waiting, looks like my GPU will finally be coming in early October. It has been a long wait since this early MAY build and was originally a toss up between the RX480 / GTX 1060 but in the end I have held out longer for a GTX 1070.

PC should be a great little rig now for gaming. Not top end by any stretch but very capable. Bound to run faster now as well with a Ferrari Scuderia, 3D gel sticker covering the Corsair logo to keep it more in theme. :D

Just a finishing touch, note the red LED fans look a bit off colour from my phone but here is daytime.

Here is night with the internal lights set to red for the underglow effect and just some illumination in the room from the tv. I like how the red frame illuminates too.

Last edited:
Really happy with the EVGA 1070FTW and seeing how demanding games like Horizon 3 are, glad in the end that I reconsidered and held off a bit longer in not going for the RX480 or GTX 1060 cards. Also was lucky in that a promotion was on for a free GOW4 from Nvidia.

Below is just some messing around with colour options using both the phillips hue and the cards led lighting. My phone camera tens to make the red a tad orange but in reality it is red.

Using white from the phillips led and going for the full italian flag look with green on the card

Same with red now on the card

Changing the phillips led to red and with red on the card

At night the red looks really superb matching the red fans at the front of the case.
All in all a budget case with basic build quality but looks very striking

Last edited:
Back