Racing Through Time - Chapter 1

United States
New York
About: "Racing Through Time" follows the story of a family that just loves to race. The main character is Katsuo, who is 17 years old. He starts the tradition too, and, in Chapter 1, is going to buy his very first car. He hopes to one day enter major racing competitions, but for now he just needs something to drive.
Date:1999 , Japan

Characters in this chapter:
Katsuo- The main character
Megumi-The single parent / mother of Katsuo
Hisoka- Owner of "Hisoka's Tuning Station", he gives Katsuo a list of cars to look at; uncle of Katsuo

Megumi - "Wake up Katsuo, you've slept far enough. I thought you wanted to visit your uncle today"
Katsuo - "zzzzzzzz"
Megumi - " :grumpy: " -slams door and storms out-
Katsuo - "WHOA!" -Katsuo falls out of bed and hits his head on the sidetable- "ow... >_<"
Katsuo - "Oh 🤬 , I should be goin' to see Hisoka right now..." -Katsuo gets dressed - "Mom, can you drive me to HTS?"
Megumi - "Fine, go get in the car"

Katsuo walked out and went to the car. It was still pretty early in the morning, and the sun had'nt even rose yet.
His mom didnt really have a great sense of style (not just cars), she just chose those boring mass-produced cars that you see on the street every day. His mom offered him it, but he refused, saying he wants a car "that you probably will see once in your life".
Megumi's car ~ NISSAN Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90 👎

2vtzm6c.jpg

Specs:
167 BHP
1809 cc displacement
Top Speed (That shes gotten too): 112 km/h

As she drove him to HTS, he drove by some of his favorite cars. A Prelude Si VTEC, a Supra Mark III, even a 300ZX. He was hoping so greatly that his uncle had at least one of them.
However, when they pulled into the parking lot, his uncle was standing there with 3 cars, he guessed those were the ones that he could choose from. They were -
1. Datsun 280Z '76
2. Subaru XT '89
3. Isuzu Piazza XE '81

Katsuo - "I really dont like any of these cars, uncle, I dont mean to sound rude or anything"
Hisoka - "Its quite all right. If you want to spend a little more yen, come round back. I've got a beauty, er, almost a beauty that I think you'll love"

As Hisoka led Katsuo to the back of the shop, Katsuo almost stopped in his tracks.

"Is that"...
"Yup, its the one you've wanted since a kid. It needs a 'lil fixing, but it runs"

Katsuo stared at the vehicle that sat before him. A custom tuned Celica 2000GT-R, it had a few scrapes, but he would pay as much yen for it as he could.

"Can I test drive it before getting it?"
"Sure, but be carefull. Its a lil bit slippery on corners"

His uncle was surely right about the car being slippery on corners. Right off the bat, Katsuo was finding himself struggling just to control the car.

2vmzx5f.jpg

He tried to correct the car but it was no use. He rammed into the wall at around 65 km/h.

3142mnt.jpg

"Ouch! Dont hurt her too bad, she just got fixed..." Hisoka said as he watched.

Katsuo continued to drive anyway, then, on one corner, he found himself controlling the car...He was drifting! He wasnt as surprised as he was with the fact he was drifting, he was just excited that he didnt hit anything after he did.

27y71pd.jpg

"That boy's just like his father...reckless, ambitious, and borderline crazy..." Said Hisoka as he talked to Megumi.

9sgrys.jpg

As Katsuo reached the straightaway on his uncles test track, he found himself passing 70...90...120...all the way up to 190 km/h, which is far faster then his mom's Silvia had ever gone. He felt the rush of the speed, he was pushed back into his seat...his hands were gripping the steering wheel as hard as they could.

2lw3a06.jpg

"Hmm, well, maybe a bit more then borderline reckless"

~
Hope you guys liked it, if its good Im going to continue the story, this is just the beginning. 👍
Please post suggestions and feedback below.

Last edited:
It's good so far, but there are small flaws. Don't worry though, it's common for someone's first time, I'll state some things,

Katsuo - "Is that"...

When you color coat the text, you don't need the names, just state what the color's mean before you start the chapter. ;)

Like this,

"Is that. . ."
----------------------------------------------------------
Hisoka (watching) - "Ouch! Dont hurt her too bad, she just got fixed..."

With things like this, it would make more sense with something like, this,

"Ouch! Dont hurt her too bad, she just got fixed..." Said Hisoka, as he watched.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And with the, "[Censored]", part, this would go better with it ~ 🤬, just put the word censored between two Colons [:].

Fix this stuff, and you're ready to go!

Nice chapter, although calling an S13 slow is a bit of a stretch.

Lol, stick with your own style. I don't see what's wrong with a dialogue kind of fan fiction. I like your touch too, since I see that you're not relying heavily on pictures. A few typos got my attention but they're just negligible.

The 1st chapter was very good, now let's see if the upcoming chapters can follow.

Back