Racing Wheel Cheaters

  • Thread starter Thread starter RMSpec7
  • 17 comments
  • 1,543 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
8
United States
Alabama
Messages
RM-Spec-7
I am aware of a trend online where people who have certain racing wheels have the ability to defeat the disabling if traction control, active stability management and antilock brakes. I would like to hear what Polyphony plans to do to correct this. It ruins the game for legitimate players by making bad drivers with bad setups cabable of incredible feats.
 
No, what you said is not accurate.

If aids are banned, wheel users cannot turn them back on. You can also turn aids on and off during the race, but not if the room has them banned.

You can adjust brake bias with a wheel, but you could do that with a controller as well.
 
You are mistaken. I recommend you go look up the settings available for the GT driving force wheel. In short...THATS B.S.
 
RMSpec7
You are mistaken. I recommend you go look up the settings available for the GT driving force wheel.

The R/A Menu. Which can be set up on a DS3 or any wheel with enough buttons.

I am not aware that you can adjust anything besides brake balance in a room with all aids off.

I can assure you before 2.09 when aids are off those menus under RA are grayed out.

I'd check but now I've been DC'd twice and can't enter my own Lounge. Hmmm update?
 
I understand that in the game they remain off, but the wheel is capable of subverting this. I believe its the Pro, Amatuer, Sim settings. On that point I may be mistaken.
 
i have a dfgt and when i go into rooms where the aids are banned i cant change anything except brake bias and sometimes abs(if allowed)
 
You are mistaken. I recommend you go look up the settings available for the GT driving force wheel. In short...THATS B.S.

You can set it in a DS3, just look for R.A. Menu in the controller settings, you can set TCS, ABS, BB, ASM and power ratio if the car you are using is 4WD
Of course you can't change them if aids are banned, well, you can only change BB even if aids are banned
 
RMSpec7
I understand that in the game they remain off, but the wheel is capable of subverting this.

DFGT? I will go in the other room where my kids use one of these wheels and load up a room. Turn aids off and try to adjust TCS and ABS.

Video to come.

I have the T500 programmed to access the same menu. I adjust brake balance on the fly often.
 
Aside from the Amatuer, Pro and Sim settings, everything that can be set up on the wheel can be set up on the controller. That's how I have it. I use R3 to access the Real Time menu and the d-pad buttons to navigate and change them.

The controller has a limitation on how much you can turn your front wheels, which the wheel users do not have; they can attempt to point the front wheels at a 50 degree angle at 200mph if they wanted, which is a benefit for the controller users, so this would eliminate any advantage the wheel users has by using Amatuer settings.

I don't actually know what is changed between the Amatuer and Sim settings on the wheel, but I'm guessing limited steering angle is one of them.
 
I understand that in the game they remain off, but the wheel is capable of subverting this. I believe its the Pro, Amatuer, Sim settings. On that point I may be mistaken.

You are mistaken because the settings you mentioned are only available for the highlighted wheels when this option is selected. Also, I just checked on what you are claining and I found your claims to be false. I think you may be confused somewhere along the way. The wheel cannot over ride any banned settings in an online room.
 
i have all 5 ra settings setup on controller
and yes i have never seen my traction option turned off in menu
even in rooms not allowing tc
same goes with abs

works on shuffle racing too
 
You are mistaken. I recommend you go look up the settings available for the GT driving force wheel. In short...THATS B.S.

lol, I recommend you not be so arrogant, especially when you are so blatantly wrong.
 
You are mistaken because the settings you mentioned are only available for the highlighted wheels when this option is selected. Also, I just checked on what you are claining and I found your claims to be false. I think you may be confused somewhere along the way. The wheel cannot over ride any banned settings in an online room.

Back in the beginning of GT5 I could access all the driving aids through the wheel whether they were on or off in the room. The fixed that little mistake early on.
 
RMSpec7
I am aware of a trend online where people who have certain racing wheels have the ability to defeat the disabling if traction control, active stability management and antilock brakes. I would like to hear what Polyphony plans to do to correct this. It ruins the game for legitimate players by making bad drivers with bad setups cabable of incredible feats.

No not correct and what wheel you are talking about it the DFGT. And what you are talking about using is the R/A menu which has those adjustments in there.

But it isn't just available on the wheel. You can program the R/A menu on a controller if you want. I had it on my controller too.

It allows you to adjust TCS/Torque split/ASM toggle/ABS/Brake Balance Front and Rear. It is in not way cheating to do this at all. Specially considering you can put this on any controller. And you can do the same to a car in real life. Maybe not abs but you can disable it.

It doesn't need to be fixed. There's nothing wrong with it. If the room setting lock out ASM and TCS you can't use it either way. If you want this on your controller or wheel program a R/A menu up button, R/A select plus and minus buttons, R/A adjust plus and minus buttons.

This R/A menu is in no way cheating
 
Urban legend? Handy for bad DS3 drivers to use as an excuse to cover up their crappy driving, though... ;)
 
I think we're done here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back