Radical SR8 LM 2007

• Thread starter Tsukishima
  • 14 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
Ok, since a certain member doesn't want to be the OP of this thread anymore, here I go.
tYNNWTH.png
Radical SR8 LM '07
tYNNWTH.png

file.php

In road legal trim and riding on Dunlop Direnza tyres Michael Vergers smashed one the world’s most prestigious production car records in a Radical SR8. The 13-mile Nordschleife circuit lap record now stands at 6 minutes 55 seconds, a full 20 seconds off the next placeholder.

The Radical SR8 is powered by a 2.6-litre high-revving V8 engine, built in-house by Powertec, developing 360 hp. It generates enough downforce to be able to theoretically drive upside down and holds the outright lap record at Cadwell Park. With over twenty-five cars built and running, the SR8 is now a well-developed and reliable car.

The SR8 is not cheap, but where else in the world can you get a sports car which is designed around the world's only lightweight V8 engine which develops over 360 hp in standard form? The Powertec RPA enigne revs to 10,500rpm, has exceptionally good power and torque curves, and sounds gorgeous!

The SR8 is a available with either an ultra-lightweight Hewland JFR six-speed sequential gearbox, with plate-style LSD or the new uprated Quaife RQ2, with it's ultra-lightweight shift and torque-biasing LSD

The SR8 is comfy to sit in (a new, high-sided seat holds the driver in very securely) and all the controls come directly to hand. The pedal box and seat are fully adjustable, enabling drivers of all sizes to fit comfortably, which is just as well as the SR8 will pull 3g around a fast corner, helped by the sporty Dunlop 15'' / 16'' diameter slicks, designed specifically for the car.

The LM edition holds a Nürburgring lap record for the fastest production car in the world with a time of 6:48. Its powered by Powertec RPB 72 Degree V8 w/GSXR 1300 Cylinder Heads, which leads to a power output of 455 hp at 10,500 rpm. This car only weighs 650 kg.

Dimensions:
Length 4,100 mm (161.4 in)
Width 1,790 mm (70.5 in)
Height 1,040 mm (40.9 in)
Radical
TopGear UK

file.php

file.php

Radical_SR8LM_48641e66df784.jpg

Also available with no liveries.

This is the fastest road-legal Radical made so far.

This is road legal?? In which country??:bowdown: I may emigrate there right now!! Just kidding.

UK number plate - cars like this are inspected and registered via a process called SVA (Single Vehicle Approval) - they still have to meet a lot of standards relating to potential harm to pedestrians, but don't have to be crash tested.

If we have this car we need its three natural competitors in the ultimate trackday car market - the Ariel Atom 500 V8, Caterham Levante (the ultimate Caterham 7) and my personal favourite the Palatov Motorsport D1 (4 wheel drive V8 car which weighs 120kg less than the Radical!)- all have lightweight V8's and about 1,000 bhp per ton. If I get time I'll add the links for the other cars to this post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/palatov-dp1-2012-ultimate-trackday-car.304049/

Last edited:
@Sick Cylinder please do add those links. Seriously interested in that Palatov. I'm guessing they wanted to call it Molotov but that didn't fly with the relevant authorities....

Back