Radiohead is NOT overrated!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cano
  • 26 comments
  • 1,317 views
Just think, all those pictures would've been a whole lot more interesting if they would've actually played "Creep". But I'm glad they didn't anyways, they'll get screwed up later in life, no need to rush that process.
Overall a pretty clever experiment, should be practiced with other bands as well.
 
Now that's really funny. Although I have to say I don't listen to commercial radio stations, and I never read music magazines, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

But I like Radiohead and have most of their albums.
 
you like radiohead.. try having a listen to "christopher o'reily" his album "true love waits"... its all piano versions of radiohead songs
 
Originally posted by Tharaka
you like radiohead.. try having a listen to "christopher o'reily" his album "true love waits"... its all piano versions of radiohead songs

Yes, I've heard his album. Excellent work, I liked it very much. 👍
 
I just bought the album along with:

Strung out on OK Computer.
(A string quartet tribute to Radiohead.)

and

The String tribut to Tool.

At amazon.com they give you a little sound bite of a few songs off the album. Pretty cool stuff. 👍
 
I've heard the string tributes to Tool, and have enjoyed them. There's actually a new one out.
 
how bout this...i've never heard radiohead before...i don't have a radio, i just sorta know what i like and get it.

so, for this weekend, i'll check out some radiohead albums and tell you my unbiased opinion :p
 
My recomendations are for albums (my favourites out of all of them, which I have):
Hail To The Thief
OK Computer.

The rest of them I liek, but I think those two are the best.
 
didn't find hail to the thief to be all that great...didn't bother to look for others.
 
Originally posted by wee_man
My recomendations are for albums (my favourites out of all of them, which I have):
Hail To The Thief
OK Computer.

The rest of them I liek, but I think those two are the best.

No Amnesiac? Are you insane!?
 
Originally posted by Giancarlo
No Amnesiac? Are you insane!?

No way. OK Computer is the best. Followed by Kid A and then Amnesiac.

Hail to the Theif is a let down. Hopefully it will grow on me.
 
Originally posted by boombexus
No way. OK Computer is the best. Followed by Kid A and then Amnesiac.

Hail to the Theif is a let down. Hopefully it will grow on me.

Blah, at least you like Radiohead in some way.

And Hail to the Thief does grow on you. Just love "There There".
 
And none of you have mentioned The Bends!

That's an awesome album.
 
Originally posted by boombexus
I just bought the album along with:

Strung out on OK Computer.
(A string quartet tribute to Radiohead.)

and

The String tribut to Tool.

At amazon.com they give you a little sound bite of a few songs off the album. Pretty cool stuff. 👍

You might also like some of the String arrangements for Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd as well. ;)
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
And none of you have mentioned The Bends!

That's an awesome album.

What's the name of the album that has the song "Creep" on it?

Is that the bends? I think that album was just so unlike what I expect from Radiohead that I can't get into it. Creep is a good song though. ;)

So Pako, do you have any of those string Zepplin albums?
I've considered buying one and checkin it out. Definately.
 
Originally posted by boombexus
What's the name of the album that has the song "Creep" on it?

Is that the bends? I think that album was just so unlike what I expect from Radiohead that I can't get into it. Creep is a good song though. ;)

So Pako, do you have any of those string Zepplin albums?
I've considered buying one and checkin it out. Definately.

Pablo Honey

I don't have any of the Zep ones, but I do have the Pink Floyd's London's Phil Harmonic Orchestra, it's pretty good.
 
Ahh, Pablo Honey. I even have the CD in my car. :O

Thanks Pako. 👍
 
Originally posted by boombexus
Ahh, Pablo Honey. I even have the CD in my car. :O

Thanks Pako. 👍

Not a problem. ;)

It's amazing how many CD's I have in the car that I don't know the names or song titles to. I know the good song is #6 on the blue CD with swirl design..., for example. :D
 
Originally posted by Pako

It's amazing how many CD's I have in the car that I don't know the names or song titles to. I know the good song is #6 on the blue CD with swirl design..., for example. :D


Bwahahahahahahah! So ture, so true. Sorta sad when I know the songs by there number. I'm so ashamed. :O :lol:
 
Originally posted by boombexus
Is that the bends? I think that album was just so unlike what I expect from Radiohead that I can't get into it.

Fake Plastic Trees, man! Easily one of Radiohead's best songs.
 
So, I found myself with a Virgin Megastore voucher, and I picked up Hail to the Thief. What a fantastic album! Takes some getting into, but now I just can't stop listening to it. It's a work of pure genius.

Anyone who says it's rubbish without having listened to it at least four times is missing the point.

In fact, I think that might be a significant factor. Is it only possible to enjoy Radiohead songs when you actually know them? Certainly, each new Radiohead track is a journey into the unknown.

Thoughts anyone?
 
They're one of the more underrated bands around.
 
Originally posted by boombexus
I just bought the album along with:

Strung out on OK Computer.
(A string quartet tribute to Radiohead.)

and

The String tribut to Tool.

At amazon.com they give you a little sound bite of a few songs off the album. Pretty cool stuff. 👍

I have the String Tribute to Tool... Great stuff.....

I need to check out these others... Especially this Christopher O'Reily chap.......

I personally adore Radiohead, and own all their albums....


In fact, I think that might be a significant factor. Is it only possible to enjoy Radiohead songs when you actually know them? Certainly, each new Radiohead track is a journey into the unknown.

I think any music with originality, and complexity, is to be listened to many times before hearing, and understanding it as a piece...... In fact, IMHO, complexity is very important to give a song any kind of longevity, and/or replay value.....


;)
 
Back