• 4 comments

Daniel

User user
Premium
New Zealand
Auckland
Lazer0pz
IGN
PlayStation's Gamescom press conference debuted three new games, and one of them was the rumored Rain (working title). Developed by Sony's Japan Studio, Rain casts you as a little boy. You're working to save a little girl when you become invisible -- gameplay showed footsteps through puddles and the invisible boy bumping into things.

However, when it rains, we can see the silhouette of the boy and then platform/puzzle solve his way through the world. Other creatures -- presumably enemies -- are also revealed by the rain, so the boy is far from alone.

The game looks pretty artistic to me, and very unique. And considering it's a working title, it must be pretty early in development and already looking good 👍

Looks good. Creative.

34h7zic.jpg

Gamescom 2012 Trailer

If there was less focus on fighting enemies and more on the puzzles, then the added level of invisibility would really shine. Otherwise it just becomes another platformer with this "invisible without light" gimmick.

That said, I love games like these that use some extra sense of physics (aside from gravity) to create a new kind of game. In this case it's refraction of light through water.

I look forward to this and the Unfinished Swan.

I sort of hoped that he would only be visible in the rain from the rain striking him and running down, not him turning into some sort of glowy phantasm. Oh well.

Back