Rain at the Green Hell!

United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
I'll give you the general gist of things. The Green Hell is Nurburgring described by Jackie Stewart. Here I am using the Nissan GT-R GT500 '08 Base Model around the Nurburgring 24 hour track. This is for a league which uses the GT500 base models on a website. (Will be at the bottom of the post) I also have video and that will be below this. This is a 1 hour endurance race which uses the full 24 hour cycle.

Qualifying
Qualifying was a disappointment really. It was dry for the whole lap which was good! We had 15 minutes to set a time and we started from the final corner to allow for everyone to get a time in. My lap was full of mistakes and one of them surprised another racer.

I started off the lap pretty well on the GP section, not making mistakes and going quite well whilst it was my teammate having all of the problems and was making mistakes. However, as we got onto the Nordschleife, I had a nightmare! I was making mistakes everywhere and just struggling to an extent which allowed my teammate to catch up to me and pass me by making a lot less mistakes than me for the Nordschleife. The fastest lap turned out to be an 8:08 (500BHP) and mine turned out to be a 9:40 something which turned out to be 10 seconds slower than my teammate! I got second to last, only because last didn't do a lap.

Race!
The start was good for me and I didn't make any mistakes as I passed ibbo1981 and had a look at Nickgar912. I was 5th after starting 6th/7 at Turn 1 but got passed into Turn 2. By Turn 3, I was close to having a look at terrafit but I got too far onto the grass (My mistake) and got into a slide. This lost me some time to terrafit. Jaime-995 was already far ahead onto the Nordschleife compared to me so I knew that the win was out of the window realistically. After some mistakes by terrafit, I closed up onto him during the start of the Nordschleife. Some corners afterwards, I was close to terrafit but I went too fast and got the back end into the wall which almost spun the car around but damaged my left-rear. This mistake allowed ibbo1981 to catch me for a short while until he spun. Not long after, it was my turn to make a mistake. I got onto the grass and whilst trying to get back onto the track, the car spun multiple times until I collided with a wall which gave me no damage. Fortunately, the mistake didn't allow ibbo1981 to catch me but he must have gained some time anyway. For the god knows how many time, I went onto the grass which caused my car to go sideways and ibbo1981 to catch up. Not long after that, I hit the smallest amount of grass and that put the car sideways again but time, ibbo1981 passed me.

Not much happened for a long time apart from the fact that the leader did an 8:07.0 lap. At the time, I wasn't even onto the long straight. By the time I got onto the straight, I was about 90 seconds down on jaime-995.

Going onto lap 2 and, like my qualifying lap, I had a clean GP circuit which was actually very lonely because I was a long way behind ibbo1981.

It was 3 minutes into my second lap and I still hadn't made a mistake. Instead there was a very brief rain shower which still kept the track at 0%. I was relieved because I knew that it would take a long time for me to get back to the pits.

I was about 5:30 into my lap nearning Karussel. This was a mistake, my first of the lap, which caused the car to hit a bump and gain some air and spin the car a few times. By this time, the game had turned the car's lights on as it was a bit dark at 19:30. By this time, the race was 1/4 done and it wasn't looking too well but anything can happen in 45 minutes of racing.

I was approaching the long straight near the end and I noticed David_JV and terrafit into the pits. As there was no rain, it looked to be a normal dry weather stop. I knew I wasn't going to pit as my tyres were 9 all around and didn't show any signs of wear.

It turned lap 3 and it was pretty dark to say the least. I had appeared to be catching my teammate and had a clean GP section again. However, onto the Nordschleife, it had started raining and pretty hard too. At 2:30 into my lap, the track rain had risen to 4% and I was caught out and put into a spin. At 3:30 into my lap, I saw the rain had reached 28% and I knew I was on dry tyres so I was screwed. I looked back when it was about 33% and I saw spray coming off of my tyres so I was like 🤬. I came across a relief as the rain backed off to 0% very quickly and I was like :bowdown:.(Not actually me)

Through the rain shower, I was catching ibbo1981 and he made a mistake which almost blocked the tarmac part of the track but I got through the gap and into 6th position but got onto the grass. At the time, there was a dry line and I got off of that for a brief second which put me into the wall but still kept 6th.

It was midnight (Game time) and I saw David_JV pit again. I thought to myself, with the recent rain in mind, that he thought the rain would come back and put Heavy Wets on.

I was 9 minutes into my lap and on the long straight. This time I saw the rain rising up to 10% and dropping again. I thought :bowdown: but on the main straight at the start of lap 4, I aquaplaned on the main straight causing me to spin but it was 0%. By the time I had gotten to Turn 1, the rain got up to 6% again and struggled to get out of Turn 2 so I was like :banghead: for not pitting, unlike my teammate. By the time I got to the hairpin, the rain had gotten to 28% and I was only 1 minute into the lap so I feared for the worst and the worst was coming. The rain was still rising and I was on slicks going into the Nordschleife. I was forced to coast the car or I would spin at a ridiculously low speed as I did when going onto the Nordschleife at 28 mp/h. About 5 minutes after I got onto the Nordschleife, the rain had dropped to 0% and I was like :bowdown:. However, ibbo1981 had caught me on his Heavy Wets.
I made a mistake near Karussel (Which took me 9:30 to get to on that lap.) My lap 4 turned out to be a 12:35.952.

40 minutes were gone and I was right behind my teammate starting lap 5. Although, it was now 0% rain and I was on the better tyre. I don't know whether he let me through or what but I got passed him on the better tyre going into the hairpin.

As I got onto the Nordschleife, I wanted to get a good run into the first corner of the Nordschleife so I went wider on the entry to try to gain a gap but the car hit the wall and spun which caused a collision between ibbo1981 and I. Fortunately, we are like :cheers: but it could have been a lot worse if we were in a larger group of cars. I allowed him to pass as if I had the accident on my own and he could see it, he would have passed me. Shortly after the incident, I had passed ibbo1981. To my annoyance, the rain came back and my Softs couldn't cope (Again) but I still had to drive around the track. Fortunately for me, ibbo1981 spun and I got back past. That lap was even slower at 13:30.844.

At the end of lap 5, I had to pit. The rain showed no sign of easing up so Heavy Wets was the only option.

Some way through lap 6, I saw 2 cars that were going very slowly either with damage or slicks so I eased past them. I was very lonely and it had appeared that ibbo1981 and terrafit had been lapped so I was definately 5th but finishing lap 7 proved to be very difficult. I had to lift and coast everywhere and I had no idea whether I would make the finish even with fuel. It all ended on the long straight where I ran out of fuel and went very slowly so couldn't make the end of the race.

Overall, it was an exciting race but a difficult one. I was quite sore at the end as I had to drive for 1 hour and 18 minutes.

Youtube video

League Sign Up
http://www.precisionracingleague.co...nal/-igtc-international-gt_2/season-2-sign-up

Back