Rain Racing

• Thread starter Racin-Rev
  • 6 comments

Racin-Rev

Premium
United States
Indiana/USA
Racin-Rev
I'm not the greatest racer. However, I can do quite well on dry tracks. I have found that in Career mode when it rains I can't get out of my own way. The AI seem to be able to accelerate and hold their line with no problem. Does anyone have suggestions on set up that will help with my lack of control or competitiveness?

Lower difficulty for now. Next patch (1.5) should address that.
Patch out today (1.4) should be fixing that...

• The AI will now show much more realistic grip loss when running on slick tyres in the rain.
  • Ensure that the AI always pit when they need to change tyres based on the weather conditions.
  • Improved the system used to select the most appropriate tyres based on current and predicted weather conditions.
https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-v1-4-patch-to-focus-on-bug-fixes-ffb-improvements/

Patch out today (1.4) should be fixing that...

• The AI will now show much more realistic grip loss when running on slick tyres in the rain.
  • Ensure that the AI always pit when they need to change tyres based on the weather conditions.
  • Improved the system used to select the most appropriate tyres based on current and predicted weather conditions.
https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-v1-4-patch-to-focus-on-bug-fixes-ffb-improvements/
I know that, however it doesn't fix AI being too fast on rain tyre. It fixes them being too fast on slick tyre in the rain. Doug A has been working on the rain tyre fixes (200+ hours of testing, per his comment), and that should be in 1.5.

I know that, however it doesn't fix AI being too fast on rain tyre. It fixes them being too fast on slick tyre in the rain. Doug A has been working on the rain tyre fixes (200+ hours of testing, per his comment), and that should be in 1.5.
My bad - I thought it was in regard to being to fast on slicks in the rain and then not pitting. Must confess I've never had that much of an issue with the AI when we are both on rain tyres.

My bad - I thought it was in regard to being to fast on slicks in the rain and then not pitting. Must confess I've never had that much of an issue with the AI when we are both on rain tyres.
Same.

Back