RALLY 90's - CancelledFinished 

• Thread starter Ettick
  • 12 comments
United States
Massachusetts
Ettick_
4dba283195.png

RALLY 90's is a rally series that intends to emulate nostalgic era of early 90's rallying. The goal of this series is to create as authentic of a rallying experience as possible in GT6.

Each round will try to simulate a single day of a WRC event. The total combined length of all the stages in one round will be over 100km.

84d3dda491.png

All upgrades are mandatory

All cars:
Sports Medium Tires/Snow Tires/Dirt Tires
All suspension, drivetrain, and transmission upgrades.
Oil change
Improve Body rigidity
Aero kits

f33f57e0a3.jpg

Engine Stage 3
Turbo Stage 3
CPU
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 1
300hp/1300kg

3aba330c15.jpg

Turbo Stage 3
CPU
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 3
300hp/1300kg

7fb8c298bc.jpg

Engine Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 2
290hp/1380kg

f6711f5c53.jpg

Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 3
300hp/1320kg

a756089a8f.jpg

Engine Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 3, Carbon Hood, Lightweight Windows
300hp/1321kg

0befc70c75.jpg

Engine Stage 3
Turbo Stage 1
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 1
300hp/1320kg

464f7f01e7.png

Add Ettick_ on PSN to race. I could run the race through my Rally club if that makes things easier.

Race starts:

Stay in your grid spot unless you're #1, in which case line up at the start line and go at 30 sec. Press start to ghost the car in case someone completes a lap before the entire field starts. People behind will advance to the start line in order and start when it's their time, sort of like the rally event in GT5. If you see another car coming behind, let them by and say "pass" in chat. If your start was delayed by their passing, go ten seconds later or more if you feel like you need extra time.

The start will be staggered by a varied amount of time (160 sec/(# of people in the grid)) per person, though if there's less than 6 people on grid it'll just be rounded out to 20 sec. The time before the start will be subtracted at the end of each stage. Whoever has the fastest combined time throughout all stages wins the round.
False starts will be penalized by a 10 sec penalty like they are in WRC.

Races after the first will start with a reverse grid order (fastest last) to make sure everyone finishes within the end timer.

Lobby settings:

Grip reduction on track edge: Real
Damage: Heavy
Tire wear and fuel consumption: Fast

No assists will be allowed. I may consider allowing ABS if there is enough demand, but I would like to keep it off for authenticity's sake.

Other rules:

Changing setups after the first race has started is illegal. That means don't open the settings menu. This is to simulate going straight to the next stage, as opposed to going to a service park between each stage.
If a faster car is withing passing distance of another, the slower car must give way within 4 corners. This would preferably happen on a straight. You do not need to say "pass" in chat if this happens.
In case of mass disconnect, the stage will be restarted. If one person disconnects before the stage is 25% over, the stage will be restarted. If a single person disconnects from more than 3 stages in one round, they will not be restarted for again. I'm sorry, but I don't want to have massive delays.

0e5a234f01.png

I wanted to incorporate random weather without making it unfair to people who start earlier or later in the race. So I figured what I'd do is make the weather at the start of the stage be chosen by a random number generator and be fixed for the rest of it. This will make the races much more interesting, making choosing what setup to use even more difficult.

Light rain - 25% Surface Water
Medium rain - 50% Surface Water
Heavy rain - 100% Surface Water

ad3f91d0c1.png

Races will start at 20:00 GMT on Sundays with a maximum of 5 minutes delay for disconnections.

Round 1
Rally Switzerland 1 - April 26th
SS1 - Eiger Nordwand G trail - 5 laps
SS2 - Chamonix West - 4 laps
SS3 - Chamonix East - 3 laps
SS4 - Eiger Nordwand G trail Reverse - 3 laps
SS5 - Eiger Nordwand K trail Reverse - 2 laps
SS6 - Chamonix Main - 3 laps
SS7 - Eiger Nordwand K trail - 4 laps

Round 2 Rally Asia - May 3rd
SS1 - Bathurst - 2 laps - 20% chance of light rain
SS2 - Autumn Ring - 3 laps - 60% chance of heavy rain
SS3 - Trial Mountain Reverse - 2 laps
SS4 - Midfield Raceway - 4 laps - 40% chance of medium rain
SS5 - Special Stage Route 5 - 5 laps
SS6 - Tokyo R246 - 5 laps
SS7 - Special Stage Route 7 - 1 lap - 100% chance of heavy rain

Round 3 Rally Germany - May 10th
SS1 - Nurburgring GP/D - 5 laps - 50% chance of heavy rain
SS2 - Red Bull Ring - 3 laps - 30% chance of light rain
SS3 - Nurburgring GP/F - 5 laps - 40% chance of light rain
SS4 - Cape Ring - 3 laps
SS5 - Nurburgring 24h - 2 laps - 20% chance of heavy rain

Round 4 Rally Switzerland 2 - May 17th
SS1 - Matterhorn Rotenboden - 5 laps - 60% chance of heavy rain
SS2 - Matterhorn Riffelsee - 4 laps - 10% chance of heavy rain
SS3 - Grand Valley East Reverse - 3 laps
SS4 - Chamonix West - 3 laps
SS5 - Matterhorn Rotenboden Reverse - 4 laps - 40% chance of light rain
SS6 - Matterhorn Dristelen - 5 laps - 70% chance of heavy rain
SS7 - Grand Valley Speedway - 5 laps

Round 5 Rally EU - May 24th
SS1 - Brands Hatch Grand Prix - 4 laps - 50% chance of medium rain
SS2 - Silverstone International - 4 laps - 60% chance of heavy rain
SS3 - Circuito di Roma - 5 laps
SS4 - Toscana - 5 laps
SS5 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 - 2 laps - 90% chance of heavy rain
SS6 - Monza 80's - 4 laps - 40% chance of light rain
SS7 - Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 5 laps - 40% chance of light rain

Round 6 Rally Spain - May 31st
SS1 - Circuito de Madrid - 5 laps
SS2 - Cote d'Azur - 4 laps
SS3 - Ascari - 4 laps - 10% chance of medium rain
SS4 - Apricot Hill - 4 laps - 40% chance of light rain
SS5 - High Speed Ring - 2 laps - 90% chance of heavy rain
SS6 - Circuito de la Sierra - 2 laps - 30% chance of light rain

bd98dd46fd.png

4eeaea1906.png

Driver's Championship:
TBD

Constructor's Championship:
TBD

GTP name:
PSN name:
Car:
Color:

Signups:

Three people can sign up per car.

Ettick/Ettick_/Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91/Gray
Ph1sher/GTP_Ph7shr/Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon/Blue Chrome

Last edited:
Looks really good! I can't participate because I'm busy at that time but I let my friends know about it. Hope the series is a success. 👍
The time isn't necessarily set in stone, but the day is.

Hey Ettick! Sorry I was unable to attend today :( I forgot about the event and was busy. I was working on my race car.

If I was around I would've attended. And I think I will sign up for this as well!

I'll take the Subaru Touring Wagon #39 Blue Chrome car/rims and orange Wing if I need that as well

I should be able to make it this Sunday if we race or test 👍

Here's some pictures on the race car I'm making. bought the chassis then added all the stuff on too it. Almost done! Just have to add skirting to other side and add the bars and a few bolts to put on and she will be ready to paint and put stickers on

IMAG0190.jpg
IMAG0191.jpg
IMAG0192.jpg
IMAG0189.jpg

Hey Ettick! Sorry I was unable to attend today :( I forgot about the event and was busy. I was working on my race car.

If I was around I would've attended. And I think I will sign up for this as well!

I'll take the Subaru Touring Wagon #39 Blue Chrome car/rims and orange Wing if I need that as well

I should be able to make it this Sunday if we race or test 👍

Here's some pictures on the race car I'm making. bought the chassis then added all the stuff on too it. Almost done! Just have to add skirting to other side and add the bars and a few bolts to put on and she will be ready to paint and put stickers on

View attachment 348090 View attachment 348091 View attachment 348092 View attachment 348093
Just one color is enough :lol:
Kinda figured you forgot. Would have been kinda lame with just 1 other person anyways.

Just one color is enough :lol:
Kinda figured you forgot. Would have been kinda lame with just 1 other person anyways.
:lol: Blue Chrome it is.

Yeah my bad! True oh well! I think this series will get a lot of love once people see it 👍

*bump*

It seems as if there isn't much interest in this series. I'd still like to run a round for testing purposes though.

I am cancelling this series due to low participation. Thanks for signing up @Ph1sher, but I don't think this would work well with just two people.

I am cancelling this series due to low participation. Thanks for signing up @Ph1sher, but I don't think this would work well with just two people.
Lol yeah and I apologize for never making any of the events. Was kind of hoping this could become a cool thing for everyone but I'm sure we could work something out for everyone in the future

Lol yeah and I apologize for never making any of the events. Was kind of hoping this could become a cool thing for everyone but I'm sure we could work something out for everyone in the future
If you want to organize a series together or something, PM me. :)

Hi Ettick, this looks really good!

I'd sign up but it seems like it no longer will take place... I'd be interested if you were hosting another rally series though, the format seems very good.

Hi Ettick, this looks really good!

I'd sign up but it seems like it no longer will take place... I'd be interested if you were hosting another rally series though, the format seems very good.
Thanks, I put a lot of effort into it.
There was just not enough interest in the series when I made it, so I ended up cancelling it.

I don't play GT6 anymore, so I won't be making another GT6 series. :lol:

Back