Rally car alternatives - non-Gr.B cars

United Kingdom
Druids Bend
Z4E_Midnight85
Hey guys,

I'm looking to build some non-Gr.B rally cars to compete with the Gr.B cars at Fisherman's Ranch and Colorado Springs. Any suggestions on which cars would make a good, competitive rally car, aside from the obvious WRX/Evo??

First thoughts are the Lancia Delta, the F150 Raptor and the Tundra, and maybe a couple of the VGT cars like the Golf GTI and the Subaru Viziv??

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Basically anything with 4WD and a short wheelbase.
Focus RS, GR Yaris to name the more obvious ones. The AWD GT-Rs could be interesting, but probably harder to tweak for the dirt tracks.

Good question. Never run a road car versus the Gr.B. I guess the Celica, M3, ’88 Supra, R32, Stratos, Integrale, A110 ‘72. Old school cars that used to rally. Gotta keep in mind the Gr.B cars are super lightweight, with big power and high downforce. However the suspension travel is programmed, might help to be competitive.

Might try to set up a couple.

Good question. Never run a road car versus the Gr.B. I guess the Celica, M3, ’88 Supra, R32, Stratos, Integrale, A110 ‘72. Old school cars that used to rally. Gotta keep in mind the Gr.B cars are super lightweight, with big power and high downforce. However the suspension travel is programmed, might help to be competitive.

Might try to set up a couple.
I can't see the M3, R88 Supra, or the A110 '72 being competitive against the Gr.B cars. M3 and Supra being RWD will be struggling for traction (although that might be a fun challenge!) and I don't think the A110 can produce enough power to keep up with the Gr.B cars... That said, it might be fun to give them a go!

Basically anything with 4WD and a short wheelbase.
Focus RS, GR Yaris to name the more obvious ones. The AWD GT-Rs could be interesting, but probably harder to tweak for the dirt tracks.
I can see the Focus RS and GR Yaris being good rally cars. The GT-R's just don't make sense as a rally car to me, they don't look right, but could be fun.

The Yaris is fun on gravel, but I'm not sure if it's competitive, even fully tuned.
c5b047b85c6f784c8de7a0a0797470cf_photo.webp

I can't see the M3, R88 Supra, or the A110 '72 being competitive against the Gr.B cars. M3 and Supra being RWD will be struggling for traction (although that might be a fun challenge!) and I don't think the A110 can produce enough power to keep up with the Gr.B cars... That said, it might be fun to give them a go!

I can see the Focus RS and GR Yaris being good rally cars. The GT-R's just don't make sense as a rally car to me, they don't look right, but could be fun.
They won’t be, but it’d make some fun races out of it. A Safari Z would be interesting. ;)

Still, I don’t know if the diffs are programmed enough to beat the Gr.B cars. I guess if the car you choose, isn’t at least as good as the Gr.B road cars, gonna be a hard task.

They won’t be, but it’d make some fun races out of it. A Safari Z would be interesting. ;)

Still, I don’t know if the diffs are programmed enough to beat the Gr.B cars. I guess if the car you choose, isn’t at least as good as the Gr.B road cars, gonna be a hard task.
Thing is, the AI isn't exactly alien-paced, so it's quite easy to beat the Gr.B cars when they're "evenly matched". A road car converted to rally spec might be "almost" as good comparatively speaking but be capable of winning against the AI in the money-maker races, so could be a fun and challenging alternative approach to an otherwise child's play race. I'm thinking that engine swap for the Delta might make it a bit of a beast for this - if only the engine swap was an easily obtainable item!

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997) is really fun at dirt tracks! It has decent traction, probably because of the rear mounted engine layout and wide tires.
Now there's an answer I wasn't expecting! Thanks, I'll give that one a bash too!

It would be fun to test everything that you could throw dirt tires onto lol, competitive or not. I'd love to see a fancy AMG blasting around in the dirt with a rally livery. Or a Ferrari. Then there's those Civic and Miata race cars......

It would be fun to test everything that you could throw dirt tires onto lol, competitive or not. I'd love to see a fancy AMG blasting around in the dirt with a rally livery. Or a Ferrari. Then there's those Civic and Miata race cars......
I don't think either the a Civic or the Miata would be fast enough to keep up with the Gr.B cars but they might be fun to throw around in the dirt!

Even a Nismo 400rr makes sense 😁

More Nissan Skyline GT-R R32

I guess I'm just so used to rally cars being hatchbacks or short coupes... the old Skyline shape is long and sleek, which looks more race car than rally car - if that makes any sense!

As mentioned 4WD's. So almost any Audi, Subaru or Mitsubishi. Plus some Porsches and some Lamborghinis .
I assume the Jeep cannot be modified enough to make it fast. :lol:

So I can confirm that the A45 AMG fully tuned (ie. Over 200k credits spent at the tuning shop) can destroy the Gr.B cars and post lap times similar to the tuned Gr.B cars.

Sadly though, it can't be used in the money-maker rally events because they're restricted to Gr.B cars only.... I probably should have checked that before embarking on that journey and building a rally car I'll never use!

🤦🤦🤦

Back