Rally in GT5 is rubbish!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlackIce90
  • 12 comments
  • 4,424 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,087
Canada
Toronto
Messages
BlackIce49
OK, I was in first place for nearly the whole event in Rally Advanced, then on the last race I'm behind by 18 seconds..... how? I didn't crash once! And on both checkpoints, I was in the lead by five seconds. What the hell is this? I'm so angry, I'm about to break my GT5 disc!

[The remainded of your comments have been entied out as they are inappropriate. - interludes
 
Last edited by a moderator:
omg ok i was first place nearly the whole event in Rally Advanced then on the last race im behind 18 seconds..... HOW WEN NOT ONCE I CRASHED! AND ON BOTH CHECK POINTS I WAS IN THE LEAD BY 5 SECONDS!!!!!! WTF!!!!! IM ABOUT TO BREAK MY GT5 DISK!!!!!!! SO DAMN GAY!!!

Sorry im just mad cuz PD IS one of the laziest and stupidest gaming companies to ever exist!

It seems that you crash and instead of just keep racing you decide to make a thread about it,that is rubbish,is nothing relevant to GT5 is just you being a bad driver,thread reported.
 
OK, I was in first place for nearly the whole event in Rally Advanced, then on the last race I'm behind by 18 seconds..... how? I didn't crash once! And on both checkpoints, I was in the lead by five seconds. What the hell is this? I'm so angry, I'm about to break my GT5 disc!

[The remainded of your comments have been entied out as they are inappropriate. - interludes

This is a joke, right?
 
ok i feel better now. The mod edit made me feel better. its kind of funny, especially when it says "im so angry!" but ya my post was about how PD made some races impossible to beat. im sure we all get angry when we spend an entire race leading then at the last second u lose. and no im not a bad driver, its the traction control that was slowing me down. i forgot to turn it off before the event seeing as it automatically goes back to 5 after each race. so think before u post. not everyone has to be a bad driver. but i guess some people (^^^^^^^^^^) let their ego get the better of them.
 
Rally in GT5 is rubish not because you can't beat certain event but because one would await classic narrow windy roads and they prepared 30m wide open space tracks with invisible walls and dead simple physics where car after jump not even bounces off the ground but falls like stone into the sand.

And where the hell are legends like Quattro S1 or BMW E30 M3?! Rally is again playing second fiddle in GT5. Like always.




This is what we actually call a rally here, nice part of our country in the chest-nutty Richard Burns Rally game.
 
Last edited:
actually i like the narrow part of tracks its the constant turns that ruin it. the last track on the Gravel master event is dumb, there is no rally course in the world with that many turn together! anyways this is turning into a hater thread. mod delete this or something
 
I noticed this today.

I was in front by 5+ seconds at the last checkpoint, in a faster and lighter car then the competition, was fast and clean until the finish line and lost or won by 1 or 2/10ths of a second. Once or twice could be a coincidence but this happened to me at least 5 times today on different tracks/stages.

It's like we aren't meant to get too much of a lead overall. For some reason it didn't do it on the snow (I don't know about the tarmac stages) only the dirt.
 
You probably were going sideways too much instead of actually following the basics of racing, nurturing the little grip you have, and stay on a composed racing line.

Just because going in big drifts looks good in replays, it doesn't mean it'll give you a good time.
 
I noticed this today.

I was in front by 5+ seconds at the last checkpoint, in a faster and lighter car then the competition, was fast and clean until the finish line and lost or won by 1 or 2/10ths of a second. Once or twice could be a coincidence but this happened to me at least 5 times today on different tracks/stages.

It's like we aren't meant to get too much of a lead overall. For some reason it didn't do it on the snow (I don't know about the tarmac stages) only the dirt.

ya doing the tarmac and snow ones are easy but the dirt ones are nearly impossible.

and i dont drift the traction control doesnt let you drift really and i dont use racing lines
 
You probably were going sideways too much instead of actually following the basics of racing, nurturing the little grip you have, and stay on a composed racing line.

Just because going in big drifts looks good in replays, it doesn't mean it'll give you a good time.

Why is this the assumption when everyone mentioning this was many seconds ahead at checkpoints? Is it assumed his driving magically starts sucking near the end or that getting sideways is only detrimental to your speed after the last check point?
 
Why is this the assumption when everyone mentioning this was many seconds ahead at checkpoints? Is it assumed his driving magically starts sucking near the end or that getting sideways is only detrimental to your speed after the last check point?

because that particular leg has a fairly straight first area, and then a crapton of corners towards the end. If you have an higher powered/lighter car it's extremely easy to gain a wide margin at the beginning of the leg, and then lose it all by going all over the place in the curvy area (that requires a lot of control, and control isn't exactly what the OP displayed in this thread).
 
Why is this the assumption when everyone mentioning this was many seconds ahead at checkpoints? Is it assumed his driving magically starts sucking near the end or that getting sideways is only detrimental to your speed after the last check point?

Thank you!! you understand at least

because that particular leg has a fairly straight first area, and then a crapton of corners towards the end. If you have an higher powered/lighter car it's extremely easy to gain a wide margin at the beginning of the leg, and then lose it all by going all over the place in the curvy area (that requires a lot of control, and control isn't exactly what the OP displayed in this thread).

well if we are ahead doesnt that mean we know how to handle ourselves on the track. i dont get reckless when im in the lead. ur assuming people are like that because maybe you are like that.
 
well if we are ahead doesnt that mean we know how to handle ourselves on the track. i dont get reckless when im in the lead. ur assuming people are like that because maybe you are like that.

Wow, someone offers you some constructive advice and your response is throw it back in their face!

You were offered, what is given the evidence you have provided the most likely answer. That advice was provided in a polite and non-judgmental way.

Now if I combine that with the mess that was your first post and the fact that you are still not following this section of the AUP...

AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

..I have to say that you are skating on thin ice here.

If you ask for help and its provided in a polite manner, do not attack someone because you don't like that help.

If you posts don't start to follow the AUP from this moment on, you will be taking a break from GT Planet.


Locked


Scaff
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back