Rally in GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter nando2323
  • 8 comments
  • 1,697 views
Messages
62
Messages
nando2323
Messages
nando2323
Anyone besides me think that Rally in GT5 is a joke? I mean this is pretty much SEGA Rally with better graphics. Did anyone at PD ever watch a Rally event in their lives? I've never seen a WRC rally event that had 6 lane wide tracks and gravel that slips like snow, and snow that slips like ice.

Compared to RBR, Colin McRae 2005, and even Dirt 1. The rally in GT5 gets a below average if not even a poor at best.

Don't get me wrong the other racing in GT5 is awesome but the rally is very poorly done. The cars slide on the track sideways at the starting grid on the gravel. The fact that you have to wait what seems like an eternity to start the race. Like I said in another thread, I am very surprised that Sebastian Loeb the 7 time consecutive WRC Champion put his name on such a poor example of Rally. But I guess money talks BS walks.
 
Don't recall this being a rally game.. :dunce:
 
Don't recall this being a rally game.. :dunce:

It sure does claim to be a "Real Driving Simulator" though doesn't it? Like I said the regular racing is on point but the Rally is poor.
 
Anyone besides me think that Rally in GT5 is a joke? I mean this is pretty much SEGA Rally with better graphics. Did anyone at PD ever watch a Rally event in their lives? I've never seen a WRC rally event that had 6 lane wide tracks and gravel that slips like snow, and snow that slips like ice.

Compared to RBR, Colin McRae 2005, and even Dirt 1. The rally in GT5 gets a below average if not even a poor at best.

Don't get me wrong the other racing in GT5 is awesome but the rally is very poorly done. The cars slide on the track sideways at the starting grid on the gravel. The fact that you have to wait what seems like an eternity to start the race. Like I said in another thread, I am very surprised that Sebastian Loeb the 7 time consecutive WRC Champion put his name on such a poor example of Rally. But I guess money talks BS walks.

I have to agree, the wait to start is "realistic" but frustrating, and the lack of any sort of grip or the ability to use the surface to turn or slow the car makes you not drive in true rally style. I don't even know what to call it.

Don't recall this being a rally game.. :dunce:

Hmm well when it has rally features and an event called "Sebastian Loeb Rally" I'd say that while not a "rally game" per say it sure tries to be.
 
Well go play CMR or DIRT or RBR then.
PD don't specialize in Rally so they give their best shot, and I think it works quite well. It's better than all the other GT games in the series by a mile.
 
As I enjoyed Rally, I have to agree the feeling wasn't quite right. I enjoyed the snow, dirt even if the physic weren't fine tuned as other games but I truly dislikes the tarmac one.

I was laughing everything my ,late copilot, was telling 900, or 1000. Who put 1km of straight line in a rally?
But on a good note, Gt5 is the only game I know that create new track every race, so you can enjoy redoing the rally .

And about the start, that is just complain to complain. Go drink some water before it starts, thats it.
 
And about the start, that is just complain to complain. Go drink some water before it starts, thats it.

Yeah the start is just a stupid complaint, I think its excessive that's all.
 
I enjoy the rally part of the game, it's good for relieving all the stress of the licences and special events.
For proper rally, there's now WRC, bad graphics but good racing.
Richard Burns is also fun but I don't play much of it, don't know why...
 
It's not the greatest but it's something different to add some variety.

My main gripe is just with the randomly generated tracks, the snow ones are okay but the gravel and tarmac are just.. Like no road that would ever exist anywhere in the world, especially not in Italy where the roads are barely wide enough for 2 cars most of the time.
 
Back