Rally Love...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Moe
  • 28 comments
  • 2,415 views
Messages
9
Messages
Anayareexer
Hi all..I have been wondering about this for quite a while now. How many of us actually spend a lot of time trying to perfect every rally tracks in GT5?

Apart from A and B spec I like to spend time trying to tune a few cars only for rally and try to become a good rally driver :)

Drifting is popular because its challenging and fun but so is rally driving but maybe less popular since it doesn't get its own sub forum :)
 
Rally is joke on GT5. Most tracks are 10 meters wide, sometimes much more, looks more like a freeway with dirt or snow, than a real rally stage. You don't even need co-pilot, as you can perfectly see the road ahead most of the time (that is, if you don't have the map on, which most people have anyway...)

I have been in many real life rallys, and the track is usually quite narrow, most of the time its just two car widths.

I will stick to the tarmac, thanks.
 
I am. I drove the rally challenges to gold as soon as they popped up on the Special Events. :) Hoping that PD adds more rally races on the next Seasonal Event batch ;)
 
Rally is joke on GT5. Most tracks are 10 meters wide, sometimes much more, looks more like a freeway with dirt or snow, than a real rally stage. You don't even need co-pilot, as you can perfectly see the road ahead most of the time (that is, if you don't have the map on, which most people have anyway...)

I have been in many real life rallys, and the track is usually quite narrow, most of the time its just two car widths.

I will stick to the tarmac, thanks.

As for the freeway-like rally stages, have you tried the Sebastien Loeb event? The ones there aren't really freeway typed tracks.
 
I do like rally in this game, it seems so much more fun than DiRT 2. I really love the Eiger Norwand K Trail track, it's so difficult in the Sebastian Loeb challenge but once i finished it i felt like i had accomplished more than i felt do any of the endurances so far, or even finishing extreme series.

I do agree with Diablosp though, the tracks are not very 'rally like'. I wish there were forest tracks that had heaps of blind corners like in real life.
 
maybe I will sound egoistic, but I don't care for the rally because it's not as fun in my opinion, I love speed and rally is about skill going fast sideways more than actual speed when going fast for it, I ope you know what I mean. I also use the gamepad for rally as it seems faster a bit and not so stressing my nerves.

You remember Valentino Rossi as a world wide champion for moto GP, when he tried rally(maybe he wanted to try something different for once) he sucked a lot even with a lot of practice he had before that. You also remember Sebastien Loeb as a champion for rally championship, when he tried to race a racecar on the track he was way behind the leaders. What I am trying to say is everyone has an aspiration for something it suits him best and that is bringing him most of joy because he knows how to orientate best in it. I don't care if I don't get %100 in GT5 as long as I get most fun of it racing fast sports cars on most favorite racing tracks. As for Nascar, Rally, Drifting, B-spec racing it all sucks as I see it. I love racing and going fast around corners like cart and pure blood racing vehicles. Just a need to share. GT1, GT2 and GT3 were the only ones I could get %100. In GT5 I just race for the fun of it and I'm loving it.
 
I love speed and rally is about skill going fast sideways more than actual speed when going fast for it, I ope you know what I mean.

I don't know what you mean.

Rally is simply about going fast, the sideway stuff is just a combination of track surface and car, on a tarmac rally you don't see much sideways action.

modern rally cars don't go very sideways even on dirt anyway.
 
I fell in love with Rally because it was different when I first tried it. It was very hard as if your car has its own life and does whatever it wants on the track and you need to practice to tam it and that got me into rally. I know rally in GT5 sucks compared to other more dedicated WRC games but while its there I may as well master it (just like everyone else will try to master/take challenge drifting at some point in GT5)

I am not here to find out how bad the Rally actually is in GT5 because we all know it and as much as I like it I have to admit it has a lot of things that need to be improved.

I just want to know if there are many people who enjoy it like me :)
 
I don't know what you mean.

Rally is simply about going fast, the sideway stuff is just a combination of track surface and car, on a tarmac rally you don't see much sideways action.

modern rally cars don't go very sideways even on dirt anyway.

I tried to go fast on rally without any sideway slide and I was slow. In GT5 the rally car understeers a lot and is slow generally if you apply the same rules as with a racecar, so it needs to be done otherway, that's why I don't like rally, I don't have the love for doing rally so I guess I shouldn't be in this topic anyway(my thought right now :D ). On tarmac is the same, on tough turns you will go slower than going sideways as the gear ratios, car drivetrain and power allow for faster slide in than other way around.
 
Last edited:
I fell in love with Rally because it was different when I first tried it. It was very hard as if your car has its own life and does whatever it wants on the track and you need to practice to tam it and that got me into rally. I know rally in GT5 sucks compared to other more dedicated WRC games but while its there I may as well master it (just like everyone else will try to master/take challenge drifting at some point in GT5)

I am not here to find out how bad the Rally actually is in GT5 because we all know it and as much as I like it I have to admit it has a lot of things that need to be improved.

I just want to know if there are many people who enjoy it like me :)

As far as physics goes GT5 should be the best, but as for championship simulation WRC is supposed to be better. I never had any problem with a WRC game as it is easy to learn the curves, feels bland a bit. The same went for me and Forza 3. GT5 is the only game available now that got me by the very essence of my driving passion. I hope it doesn't end soon.
 
That's simply the issue of setup, irl rally cars are setup to be more loose than any default set in GT5. I Golded the Loeb Challenge and you really only need the minimal amount of slide, you try to straighten the car out at exit and get traction just as you do on the circuit.

Rally GT5 is actually pretty good, physics-wise its better than the official WRC game that came out lately, and miles better than any dirt title, it's no RBR of course but it is pretty damn good.
 
I love rally, not in GT5 though... I really want some of the old rally tracks back, such as Grand Canyon and that very complex snow track.. GT5 has 3 rally locations, in my opinion - Fail.

Sure the dynamic weather is good, but I would love to drive the Canyon with my friends like we did in GT4, I just got my regular GT4 rally car, the Escort! :dopey:
 
The Rally circuits in GT3 got me into this, then GT4 made it more challenging. At the time they were unsurpassed by anyone else.

During the long gap though, I do feel that Dirt and Dirt 2 have overtaken where GT4 had got to - and now that it's here it seems GT5 hasn't really advanced the franchise in this respect, which is a real shame.

To make this all a bit worse, there is less rally driving in the game than before. So I hope, like others, that the Seasonal Challenges will have a few rally courses in future, as this would seriously help redress the balance.
 
Like some peoples say

It looks much more like Dirt Tracks then proper dirt roads like they should be. Made for power sliding exclusively, that's not rally racing...

And the cars don't have any grip at all, sure there is less grip in dirt then in tarmac, but is exagerated in the game. With proper tires a rally car or car like a Lancer Evo or Impreza WRX have very nice grip on dirt.

For me the WRC license is poorlerly used in the game. Too few events, all special events that only give you XP and $$$ once, the license resumes to 4 WRC class cars and Sebastien Loeb... What about some Production Class Mitsus and Subarus? Every Evo and STI/WRX Nxx have a production rally car version...
 
Well what did you expect? GT3 and GT4 rally was no different, I love Eiger Nordwand rally track, despite not being a 'realistic' rally stage. I wouldn't mind if the point to point stages were left out, but that's more the limit of a track generator I guess.
 
In the challenges the cars best suited all seem to have strange settings as standard, so tune them - or quick-tune in the case of the Loeb challenge - to make them more stable. I found the cars far easier to control afterwards.
 
Man buy WRC 2010, thats cheap this days and way more fun than Rally in GT5 which is easy and sucks :grumpy:
 
For rally i have my Dirt 2, in GT5 it's not fun at all...
 
Sorry man, WRC 2010 just sounded vile to me and had no road surface feedback unless you went off track. I couldn't play like that.
 
For rally i have my Dirt 2, in GT5 it's not fun at all...

Yes, exactly, it's no FUN.

Previous Gran Turismo's the rallying was fun, enjoyable and exciting, in GT5 it simply does not put a smile on your face.

Colin Macrae rally on the PS1 is a legendary game, that was a game I went back to over and over again, even once completed, because it was FUN, it always put a smile on your face time.

The rallying in GT5 simply doesn't do this, there are occaisons on some rallies where you might nail a corner or a series of corners and think ''...oh yes..'', but all too often I'm thinking ''....oh no.....''.

Video games should have an element of fun, enjoyment and putting a smile on your face, so you want to go back to them and keep playing them, the rallying in GT5 has the opposite affect on me.

I got gold in most of the events, not all, still missing a few, but I have had enough, it simply just doesn't appeal to me anymore, but in all other GT's and Colin Macrae's I've really enjoyed the challange of controlling a rally car and the enjoyment it birings when you get it right.

I'm gutted, I was really looking forward to driving the Intergrale and Delta S4 for a long long time.
 
Eiger Nordwand puts a smile on my face, the generic generated course doesn't.
 
WRC 2010 is currently the best rally game ever, fast, great tracks, cars, sounds. Quite realistic i would say that it's even better then Richard Burns Rally. I can really recommend for those who love rally games. Dirt 2 now is old and not a rally game at all. So many different playgrounds but no real rally experience.
 
WRC 2010 is currently the best rally game ever, fast, great tracks, cars, sounds. Quite realistic i would say that it's even better then Richard Burns Rally. I can really recommend for those who love rally games. Dirt 2 now is old and not a rally game at all. So many different playgrounds but no real rally experience.

The WRC 2010 beta / demo didn't impress me, so I think I'll pass.
 
The WRC 2010 beta / demo didn't impress me, so I think I'll pass.

Excatly what I thought... But maybe worth a try, the demo is always just demo
 
Really enjoy the rallying. Best advice is to make your own rally track with the road width set to the narrowest.

Someone played a different WRC 10th game to me... don't think I have ever been so disappointed in a game.
 
WRC 2010 would have bin much better if they had tried to make it more realistic..

Rally on gt5 is good physics wise, but with only 3 rally tracks, unvisable fences around the tracks and 10 m wide tracks then the rally experience in total is poor.
 
Rally Love... agreed! +1! physics are great, game is great, Im just dissapointed with lack of events,rally is very long journey connected all together not a short time trial event with 4 cars. Roads are too wide agreed! In other rally games or in real rally tracks are 2 cars wide, very difficult and you have to be able to go off road in to a tree. Thats what rally is all about you cant even afford make 1 mistake, you are off the track and you drop half the possitions.. here in GT just bounce off some concrete 1mm tape around the track... need of the co pilot is zero. I think GT just dont know what is real rally.. Its japanese game, so I understand why its so, but its a huge disappointment... Like I said physics are awesome in rally, we just don't have where to drive properly.. Hope PD will learn and add some normal events since they said "we have WRC license" but they didnt say "we have no WRC events whatsoever".
 
WRC 2010 is currently the best rally game ever, fast, great tracks, cars, sounds. Quite realistic i would say that it's even better then Richard Burns Rally. I can really recommend for those who love rally games. Dirt 2 now is old and not a rally game at all. So many different playgrounds but no real rally experience.

you tried richard burns rally on PC or PS2? I had the WRC demo and although it's decent, it is still very far from the level of detail in RBR in terms of physics and road surface interaction.
 
I don´t know how good the rally physics in GT5 are but I hate it... As I did in GT4...
 
Back